Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2018 Lexus CT200h Revealed

rayaans

Hold your horses guys, its not a full on remake! Instead we get the 2nd facelift of the CT200h, a car which has recently just been discontinued in the U.S due to their fascination with SUVs

Exterior:

message-editor%252F1497555582655-17-06-1

lexus-lexus-safety-system-as-standard-eq

20170615-20103239-carview-008-1-view.jpg

20170615-20103239-carview-010-1-view.jpg

As can be seen from the pictures above, the overall shape remains largely unchanged. The main differences lie in the lights and bumpers as well as the front grill. All models now get a Mesh effect grill similiar to the F-Sport grill seen on other models across the Lexus lineup. There is no bumper bar separating the top and bottom portions of the grill anymore. Additionally, when going towards the rear, the 2nd level, just above the badge has been tweaked and appears to look like a duckbill spoiler and some silver trims have been added for extra appeal.

With regard to the headlights, the recognisable "Nike Swoosh" DRLs have been positioned above the main LED projector. Going towards the rear, the lights feature the L-shape as seen on other models such as the IS, RC and LS and are full LED. The indicators have been lengthened and run across the whole width of the rear lights but it is unclear at this time whether they will be dynamic like the RX. 

Interior

message-editor%252F1497556185443-17-06-1

As per the exterior, the interior remains largely unchanged. The biggest difference would be the replacement of the ageing 7 inch screen. Its been replaced by a 10.1inch screen found in the IS and will almost certainly feature the latest infortainment system.

The main emphasis has been put on personalisation of the interior however. Some more interior combinations have been added for the standard CT including two tone Noble brown/Tan leather, Ochre/Light Ochre (Ochre being first seen on the LC) and Sandstone/Fromage leather. New cloth seats and trim pieces are also available.

F-Sport

lexus-updates-ct-200h-one-last-time-1186

lexus-updates-ct-200h-one-last-time_1.jp

Overall, the F-Sport remains fairly similiar with exception to the bumpers and the front grill which now features a metallic black paint. The Mesh pattern for the grill is carried over into the foglight surrounds both front and rear. Whilst the standard CT gets silver trim pieces on the bumper, the F-Sport will get high gloss black trim pieces.

The F-Sport will feature some exclusive interior options including two tone Red/black, white/black and sandstone/black leather. Fabric options are also available in red/black and orange/black. Additionally, the F-Sport is the only trim level to feature Naguri trim available on the GS F-Sport and the IS F-Sport with Premier pack.

Safety 

Lexus is renowned for its safety and the CT will now feature Safety System + which includes Pre-collision system, Adaptive cruise control, Lane departure alert, auto high beam and road-sign assist.

7175-lexus-ct200h-fsport-shot-02-r3-rgb-

• Like 1

Looks ok but pricing will be key. If they put the prices up then I'm not sure a facelift will be sufficient. The safety stuff is just bringing the model up the standards of the competition and right now a new CT is already quite expensive for a 3rd gen Prius wearing a well tailored suit. I'd love them to put the 300h engine in for the sport models but not sure the platform would enable that. I love my CT but always feel the power is a bit lacking and the stiff chassis could take more.

6 minutes ago, colin79666 said:

Looks ok but pricing will be key. If they put the prices up then I'm not sure a facelift will be sufficient. The safety stuff is just bringing the model up the standards of the competition and right now a new CT is already quite expensive for a 3rd gen Prius wearing a well tailored suit. I'd love them to put the 300h engine in for the sport models but not sure the platform would enable that. I love my CT but always feel the power is a bit lacking and the stiff chassis could take more.

I believe the pricing may go up but maybe by £250-500. I wouldnt expect a lot and as its a facelift, the discounts of £3-4k will still be present.

Nevertheless I agree with you on the power front and believe they should have included the 300h. However, I think they're going to replace it with the SUV soon so maybe they didn't want to spend too much on design etc

• Like 1

I like it. I wonder if the suspension will be a little more compliant. I also wonder what "fromage" leather might be like... Stilton, camembert, gouda... the mind boggles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DanD said:

I like it. I wonder if the suspension will be a little more compliant. I also wonder what "fromage" leather might be like... Stilton, camembert, gouda... the mind boggles.

Dont really know, its a new one on me as well! Never heard of it before but I would imagine it might be another word for Clove leather on the RC

No known mechanical changes and they havent mentioned suspension changes in the press release so its unlikely.

Having said that, its not the first time Lexus have changed things without telling anyone

It looks to me that since the introduction of the ct model, Lexus have just revised a few plastic mouldings. All fairly superficial. I thought that the last revision may be the final and yet it seems that we must wait for the next significant step. TBH, I had expected to see something of a mechanical follow on from the latest Prius. The fine tuning of what i consider to be pretty good from the word go seems to confirm that my opinion is mirrored by Lexus..... if it aint bust, don't mend it.

Lexus have officially stated its not going to North America.

Makes sense I guess since most opt to buy an SUV or they can afford to buy a gas guzzler due to their cheap fuel price

29 minutes ago, talaipwros said:

i still dont understand why they can not put the 300h engine.

in all honesty, IS  is the same care with a boot

No its not - completely different architecture. 

Difference between the CT and IS is night and day.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

No its not - completely different architecture. 

Difference between the CT and IS is night and day.

checked it and you are right, so i stand corrected. Truth be told, I though the relation between CT and IS was the same as between Auris and Corolla but it looks I am wrong.

That been said, CT has the same platform as NX, ( or even avensis)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_MC_platform

and NX has the 300h engine , so there you go

2 hours ago, talaipwros said:

i still dont understand why they can not put the 300h engine.

in all honesty, IS  is the same care with a boot

Certainly not the impression I got when I drove a CT for the day while my IS was in for service. 

Couldn't wait to give the car back. No resemblance to the IS whatsoever and the car felt totally under powered .

1 hour ago, talaipwros said:

checked it and you are right, so i stand corrected. Truth be told, I though the relation between CT and IS was the same as between Auris and Corolla but it looks I am wrong.

That been said, CT has the same platform as NX, ( or even avensis)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_MC_platform

and NX has the 300h engine , so there you go

The engine in the IS and NX are different. 

I believe it's more of a packing issue. The CT is small, getting more batteries and a bigger fuel tank to cope with the reduced efficiency of the 300h would be difficult. 

8 hours ago, ISJason said:

I like the new shape.. looks more modern.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Shape is unchanged Jason! Just a few updates to the bumpers and lights!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have just replaced an IS with an NX and have a CT in the household as well - obviously there are some similarities, but they are three fundamentally different cars. It's actually quite startling how different each is.

• Like 1

New models will be available for closer look and test drive at some point in October, this been cofirmed by Lexus UK. As curret CT200h  65 plate owner, I really want to see improvements! But there is no doubt I will get next NX after CT 100%

Definitely will go have a look at the facelift once its here, although fairly minor it does improve the look of the front a fair bit i think.  That 10.1inch screen isnt going to be standard though is it, like it isn't standard in this years IS refresh either?

46 minutes ago, rcfsport said:

Definitely will go have a look at the facelift once its here, although fairly minor it does improve the look of the front a fair bit i think.  That 10.1inch screen isnt going to be standard though is it, like it isn't standard in this years IS refresh either?

Nope, it comes with the premium nav system which is fair enough. Similiar to other brands which offer tiny screens which get bigger once you opt for the nav packages

Pricing will probably be fairly reasonable though with huge discounts to shift them.

• 2 months later...

The CT200h had its European Debut yesterday at the Frankfurt Motor Show along with the NX. 

The CT remains virtually unchanged apart from the new grill, bumpers, lights and wheels. The Wheels appear to be inspired from the RX. An interesting new design element is the two tone roof which extends down the A pillars and down the C pillar slightly and has never been seen before on a Lexus.

2018-Lexus-CT-200h-at-IAA-2017.jpg

2018-Lexus-CT-200h-side-at-IAA-2017.jpg

2018-Lexus-CT-200h-rear-three-quarters-a

2018-Lexus-CT-200h-rear-at-IAA-2017.jpg

2018-Lexus-CT-200h-interior-at-IAA-2017.

2018-Lexus-CT-200h-front-seats-at-IAA-20

luc_4825.jpg?itok=Jtfp3uBQ

luc_4826.jpg?itok=QH7JLs60

2 hours ago, rayaans said:

An interesting new design element is the two tone roof which extends down the A pillars and down the C pillar slightly and has never been seen before on a Lexus.

With good reason IMHO 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

With good reason IMHO 

Personally I think it looks OK on the CT especially as its supposed to be a car designed to lure younger buyers into the brand. I think the Silver on black works rather well

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rayaans said:

Personally I think it looks OK on the CT especially as its supposed to be a car designed to lure younger buyers into the brand. I think the Silver on black works rather well

The marmite car. Personally I think it looks awful and those wheels look like something out of Halfords ripspeed range :unsure:

The blue example looks ok but not so much as to date existing cars. The bigger screen is the only change I’ve seen so far that actually appeals to me and seems necessary. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links