Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

i wouldn't hold your breathe, the  IS300h isnt the most common car on the road

so the demand for a towbar wont be that high therefore it probably wont be viable

for a 3rd party to make and supply a kit,there are loads of fitting centres around the

somerset area for westfalia so you wouldn't have to go to lexus

here is a a contact number from their website:-

TOWBAR FITTING ENQUIRIES
Please call us on 0117 955 1011 / 1022

6 hours ago, 200h said:

i wouldn't hold your breathe, the  IS300h isnt the most common car on the road

so the demand for a towbar wont be that high therefore it probably wont be viable

I'm assuming that the towing weight on the IS300h is not so high either. 

I was quoted the best part of £1100 including VAT for Lexus to supply & fit a towbar to my IS300H.  I've contacted Westfalia & witter who have said they don't make anything that fits and several local towbar centres have not been able to source anything either so it does look like the only option is to go to Lexus direct.

I believe the towing capacity on the IS300H is only 750kg for both braked and unbraked trailers which is fairly rubbish but I was only wanting to pull a small 5ft trailer.

Let us know what you get? Only disadvantage is extra road tax, insurance and servicing. I bought a Renault Kangoo - very practical but not reliable.

Out of interest, was the trailer going to be used to cart stuff to the dump?

In our area you can't take a van to the municipal dump. You are also restricted on the size of trailer you can take - they even have a man with a measuring stick!

I know people who have bought a small people carrier or Vauxhall Agila type vehicle, lined with ply to ferry stuff to the tip. Just another idea.

On 6/23/2017 at 4:37 PM, Spacewagon52 said:

Let us know what you get? Only disadvantage is extra road tax, insurance and servicing. I bought a Renault Kangoo - very practical but not reliable.

Out of interest, was the trailer going to be used to cart stuff to the dump?

In our area you can't take a van to the municipal dump. You are also restricted on the size of trailer you can take - they even have a man with a measuring stick!

I know people who have bought a small people carrier or Vauxhall Agila type vehicle, lined with ply to ferry stuff to the tip. Just another idea.

I sell a lot of tat on eBay & amazon that I buy at auction and car boot sales as a fairly lucrative sideline so it was actually going to be used for that.  I previously had a Nissan Pathfinder which had a huge load space in the back with the rear seats down so going from that to the Lexus is proving to be a bit of a challenge.

Some sort of van was always the sensible option anyway as it'll stop the Lexus getting messed up inside when i'm trying to pack half a ton of crap on the back seats :)

I am toying with the idea of buying an old Focus Estate or such like instead of a van and I could put them both on a multicar policy, plus something with a back seat would prove a bit more useful for family bus duties too as when needed.

• Like 1