Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Look For My GS

Boddney

The wind deflectors are a yes from me they look great. 

Three DRLs I'm not sure on to be honest they look a bit stuck on rather than being part of the car. Could they go down a bit and push in between the grill fins slightly?

They are in the grill fins and I did think about where to put them and tucked under the bumper seemed to be the most appropriate place.

I do agree they would look better lower in the grill they just didn't sit right.

Here's a profile picture.

IMG_0262.JPG

• Like 1

On 28/06/2017 at 9:50 PM, Boddney said:

Yeah no problem. £275 inc VAT. For that they got stripped, media blasted back to metal, checked for buckles and cracks, dints and scuffs repaired, primed and powder coated then new valve and tyre back on and balanced.

Who did you use James? I'm in Norwich and need to get my wheels sorted at some point, very flaky at the moment

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 7:52 PM, Boddney said:

While I'm waiting for my exhaust to fall apart so that I can get a stainless steel one I decided to get the SS look via other means.

IMG_0344.JPG

IMG_0345.JPG

IMG_0347.JPG

Cant quite work that out, is that like an exhaust tip with a back box end cap on? From square on at the back it certainly looks like brand new stainless exhaust silencers.

2 minutes ago, Boddney said:

Just the standard 14 year old boxes that the black paint had started peeling on, so I rubbed them down with wet & dry then polished them.

Looks very good mate nice job

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Boddney said:

Just the standard 14 year old boxes that the black paint had started peeling on, so I rubbed them down with wet & dry then polished them.

Blimey, they came up really well :thumbup1:

• Like 1

On 09/07/2017 at 7:52 PM, Boddney said:

While I'm waiting for my exhaust to fall apart so that I can get a stainless steel one I decided to get the SS look via other means.

IMG_0344.JPG

IMG_0345.JPG

IMG_0347.JPG

This is one Lexus getting a tender loving care. Well done Boddney for the effort!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

More blinging today after fitting the new radiator.

I decided to bite the bullet ( what ever that means) and rub some paint off the front grill to see if there really is chrome underneath as suggested on another thread. 

I gave it a gentle rub with some wet P1200 grit wet n dry. The paint actually comes off really easily.

I think it's another lift for the old gal to give her that younger look again and another nod to the American spec GS.

You like or no?

IMG_0296.JPG

IMG_0300.JPG

IMG_0302.JPG

• Like 4