Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Look For My GS

Boddney

They do turn up every now & then on eBay look for gs breakers or spares or repair cars being advertised,

In 8yrs of aristo ownership I've probably only seen half a dozen turn up for sale all around £70-£85

a few sellers don't like separating the lip from the bumper & charge around £140-160 for complete bumper with lip attached.

I have a front & rear lip which I need to try & get copies made

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Off topic a bit but my wife made noises about me spending so much time on my car and hers starting to look a bit like a shed. So today I spent 4 hours on it inside and out. I have to say it looked awesome at the end of it all. Here's some piccys.

IMG_0434.JPG

IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_0437.JPG

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Boddney said:

Off topic a bit but my wife made noises about me spending so much time on my car and hers starting to look a bit like a shed. So today I spent 4 hours on it inside and out. I have to say it looked awesome at the end of it all. Here's some piccys.

Well done look great, well worth the effort!

Bought these today as my o/s disc got a bit wonky when it got cooked by a sticky calliper slider. Another bargain I think as once again Lexus wanted me to remortgage to have OEM ones and my local motor factor wanted £105.

Time will tell I suppose.

IMG_0392.PNG

• Like 1

Pads and discs fitted. I'm extremely happy with the fit and quality. I know some cheaper pads come with a terrible paint finish or the back plate is out of shape and need a bit of filing to get them to fit nicely in the calliper, but these were lovely.

Time will tell how they fair. The kit seems well worth the low price at the moment.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another 'bring her up to date' thing happened this week.

I bought a flip key from fleabay that has a housing that you can just put the old buttons and gubbins straight in to. Only £5. What can I lose I thought, then I found out that everyone wanted £20 to cut the blade. Anyway it had to be done as both my master keys make a cracking sound when I start the car. I've bought some little Lexus mirror stickers too that I'll be sticking on the back to make it more authentic. They'll be here soon.

Bod

IMG_0410.JPG

IMG_0411.JPG

More goodies have arrived. I can't fit any yet as poor old Bolly is filthy at the moment.

New wheel caps and mirror stickers. The stickers came as four set so as I said before the spare went on the new key.

IMG_0459.JPG

IMG_0460.JPG

IMG_0461.JPG

IMG_0462.JPG

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well, sometimes you gamble and lose. The wheel centre caps didn't fit, but not wanting to admit it, I gave it a hefty push and this is the result. The clip circumference was to big so the fixings didn't fit in the hole and the outer circumference of the actual cap was to small. 

So where it said on the eBay listing 'Fits all Lexus models' it wasn't 100% accurate. Never mind, I'll do it the proper way eventually and paint the ones that are on there already.

image.jpg

Today was the day to save myself £600 and not buy a new Catalytic converter. This time the gamble paid off and I bought a new lambda sensor from the bay for £34 after the diagnostic machine gave me a code of P0430 'cat 2 working below efficiency '.

Yet again this forum came up trumps and there was a suggestion that it may not be a Cat issue, but the sensor sending incorrect messages to the ECU.

Anyway as you may guess, the cheap part was a little different to the OEM one and the grommet needed swapping over and modifying a little bit, but after that all was well and so far the code hasn't returned. Phew, fingers crossed it stays away.

IMG_0421.JPG

IMG_0422.JPG

IMG_0424.JPG

IMG_0425.JPG

IMG_0427.JPG

IMG_0428.JPG

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Today I thought I'd measure up for some silver strip for the front and rear bumpers as mine were grey but the stripes on the side of the car are silver.

Anyway, as I was doing this I suddenly thought, surely they don't just need a rub like the grill fins did, could they?

So I thinned out some G3 rubbing compound with some water and gave it a gentle rub.

Yes really, for some reason Lexus UK decided to cover up more shiney stuff with a light coat of grey. What amazes me more is that somehow it's stayed like that for near on 14 years without giving up it's secret.

So once again Lexus UK has decided to dumb down part of a beautiful car here, and yet the US market gets to have the shines bits straight out the box. Why? Anyway, pictures.

Bod

IMG_0455.JPG

IMG_0457.JPG

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Just found this build thread, good to see a local member on here, i am from Norfolk to. Your GS300 looks very nice mate i was after one of them about 18 months ago, but ended up buying a IS200 my 2nd one.  Anyway i shall keep an eye out for you around the Norwich and Norfolk area.  

• 4 weeks later...

Long time since I made any changes to the old gal. Today was a little disappointing in that I only managed to fit one thing instead of the two parts that I planned.

I bought a sport grill from a member on here and a TTE replica chin spoiler/splitter from the States on eBay.

This is the one bought (eBay picture) and the other is what I got.

As you can see, the one that came has moulded lugs instead of separate brackets, screws and rivets. I didn’t think it would be a problem and just assumed (big mistake) it was an updated version that makes it easier to fit. Again, I assumed that some under panel bolts would need to come out and be used to bolt the splitter on . Again, wrong. It does come with a bag of screws all of which are to short but that’s not really a problem as most of us have screws knocking about.

The issue is the moulded lugs are not moulded in the right place, making it impossible to site the splitter properly and no chance of screwing it on.

Anyway, after loads of swearing and trying and more swearing I gave up and fitted the grill. 

You really can’t  even send the splitter back as it was $90 US dollars to send it here in the first place. I have asked the seller if he can send the bracket and stuff over then I’ll just cut the lugs off and go from there.

So picture of fitted grill and super shiny bonnet.

Laters.

16E9D4D2-B700-4EB2-88FE-80CB3EB70973.png

image.jpg

DC71C804-6887-40EA-BA95-F2919359074E.jpeg

• Like 1

There's 2 different style front lips on the bay of e both UK based just depends on taste along with a full kit

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bolly has been in dry dock today for exhaust welding due to fairly hefty holes in each pipe. They’ve been like it for a while now and I’ve been enjoying the noise but now I’m a bit fed up with it and the MOT  is next week so it needs sorting. I added some more LEDs too. I’m quite into them at the moment and no they’re not illegal. You are allowed any colour on the front except red and any colour you have must be still i.e not flashing.

The first picture though, is of my playtime car and my sons modern equivalent as she vacated the garage to let Bolly in.

CA4ABE75-F426-4020-BA73-EB4F3D783617.jpeg

67377AF4-C702-4E0C-8382-09DC6B06F96A.jpeg

A327CABC-9A12-44CB-AA8E-B268852295DF.jpeg

AE75CE22-D126-4B31-A9F5-74A60F67FD2B.jpeg

064AF0A7-5D25-4FB7-AA0C-4CC1623F2B78.jpeg

C7D0671B-75DC-41DA-A928-49D8D681E8D8.jpeg

2D4D6C45-008B-41A8-BEC3-FDB1866F951E.jpeg

C745DC4B-3427-4D27-88BE-ECDA0B70BB50.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I got my car back today after it having a 2 stage paint detail and seal at a local detailers. The result is incredible. It’s hard to believe that this paint has travelled 170k miles and is 17 years old.

9E36261D-0FD4-4A9B-8C00-3C3181C7C59B.jpeg

6BCA95E0-E735-4C95-8E25-F9DB2F5E59EA.jpeg

BC079CE3-CFA2-4A9F-9F7E-A7E2475CD7A6.jpeg

99B765C6-49DC-4680-B831-44E62115324F.jpeg

4518C548-C6C8-461F-BB46-4675EBC3E5B8.jpeg

• Like 3

Superb!  How you getting on with tinted windows, any problems with the law?  My Celsior has very dark factory tinted rears which I wasn't sure about at first but now I really like them. How much for the paint work detail?

I haven’t had any problem with the rozzas but it is a bit challenging reversing in dark unlit areas. I just lower the windows and all is well. It’s a rare occurrence though.

The cost was £300+vat for the paint correction/detail and I paid an extra £40 to have the headlights polished and sealed. £408 in total. It may seem a lot but the other option was buy a newer car and the one I was considering was £400 a month for 5 years. No brainer really.

Bod

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 9:03 AM, Boddney said:

I haven’t had any problem with the rozzas but it is a bit challenging reversing in dark unlit areas. I just lower the windows and all is well. It’s a rare occurrence though.

The cost was £300+vat for the paint correction/detail and I paid an extra £40 to have the headlights polished and sealed. £408 in total. It may seem a lot but the other option was buy a newer car and the one I was considering was £400 a month for 5 years. No brainer really.

Bod

Paint looks superb! Do you know exactly what they did and what they used?