Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Look For My GS

Boddney

I've just had my windows tinted today and I love it. I'm so relieved as I also really loved it standard so having them done was a bit of a gamble.

What do you think?

IMG_0090.JPG

IMG_0091.JPG

IMG_0092.JPG

IMG_0093.JPG

IMG_0094.JPG

• Like 1

You tinted front sides ? You know it is illegal in the UK if they pass less that 70% ? Yours looks more like 50% to me.

As for my taste it is way too dark especially on he dark car. Can you see anything in rear window at night ?

Fronts are done but to 60%. I know it's illegal but with the bright interior it doesn't look so dark. Those pictures were also taken at 9.45 last night. I'll put some daytime ones on today.

Everyone to their own, but never understand why we do things when we know its illegal, I dislike the police 👮 and won't give them any reason to stop me,had my xedos 6 tinted years ago but was only 35% on all fours windows and rear screen. With 60% you will eventually get stopped and be asked to remove it.Same applies to the doctoring of number plates.

I know John, it's just the rebel in me. I've been haveing my windows tinted since 2004 with the same configuration (5% rear screen, 35% rear sides & 60% front sides) and I've never been stopped. I put this down to the fact that a, all my cars are not in the boy racer category i.e Corolla, Megan, Espace etc, b, the fronts are always lighter than the backs so they look more legal & c, I've been lucky.

I know it might happen one day so I'm not kidding myself but I'll take the wrap if it does.

@Boddney Just started a build thread section on the forum for those of us with an interest in not only modifying but maintenance, cleaning and general enthusiast type stuff on our cars. I am hoping it will allow a few of us who's paths don't usually cross on the forum due to most of us sticking to the sections specific to our models. Would you be happy for the mods to move this thread to the new section? They will leave a copy of it here also for those who are currently following your progress to find the new location. Thanks

• Like 1

Had the wheels refurbished today. I had them done in chrome effect powder coat and had all the wheels checked for buckles and cracks. All were good though. 

Nice eh? Not too shiny like chrome but more shiney than paint powder coat.

IMG_0246.JPG

IMG_0247.JPG

IMG_0248.JPG

IMG_0249.JPG

IMG_0250.JPG

IMG_0251.JPG

• Like 4

They look superb. Just the right amount of "look at me" without being full on chrome and looking a bit bling. Really like them. 

Only thing i would say is the centre caps look a bit flat and don't really match now. Maybe some black ones or even carefully remove the badges and have them painted to match the alloys?

Yeah or just have them sprayed black and put the emblem back on? You can get black ones one eBay if they are the correct size may be the easiest option. I have a set on my winter wheels and they are ok not quite OEM quality but acceptable 

1 hour ago, Boddney said:

Had the wheels refurbished today. I had them done in chrome effect powder coat and had all the wheels checked for buckles and cracks. All were good though. 

Nice eh? Not too shiny like chrome but more shiney than paint powder coat.

IMG_0246.JPG

IMG_0247.JPG

IMG_0248.JPG

IMG_0249.JPG

IMG_0250.JPG

IMG_0251.JPG

Would you mind saying how much the refurbished wheels cost? I really think they look good.

Yeah no problem. £275 inc VAT. For that they got stripped, media blasted back to metal, checked for buckles and cracks, dints and scuffs repaired, primed and powder coated then new valve and tyre back on and balanced.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boddney said:

Yeah no problem. £275 inc VAT. For that they got stripped, media blasted back to metal, checked for buckles and cracks, dints and scuffs repaired, primed and powder coated then new valve and tyre back on and balanced.

Sounds very reasonable to me