Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My IS-F in the Channel Islands

Paulo Correia

Hey guys,

Just a quick run down on me.

I have just turned 21 today, but bought my 08 IS-F around three months ago.

I got insured around two weeks ago and I love it to bits, been fortunate to own quite a few powerful vehicles at such a young age. I started out with a Seat Ibiza FR 1.8T for around two years, then moved into a Cooper S which I did not enjoy at all, I then moved into a MK5 Golf R32 with a top spec, really lovely car, but I felt that I wanted to stop swapping out of cars all the time, so I finally found a IS-F pop up at the right price.

I live on the island of Jersey in the Channel Islands, so our speed limits at 40MPH, so as you can tell, you barley open it up here, by the time you hit induction you are breaking the speed limit, but ah well, I love the car and I believe it will be a collectors item in a short while to come. I was debating between an C63, E92 and E46 M3, but I always wanted the IS-F but they are so rare, only around four or five of them on our island.

I bought the car on 43k miles, it was a ex-uk car so most of the miles where on the mainland before being shipped over to Jersey in 2013. It has a few small tweaks, the old owner tinted the back windows and rear window, and also fitted a Borla Exhaust System which is lovely! apart from that, bare bones stock, don't know if I will add anything else, as I feel the car is perfect. Just in the process of replacing the old Toyo tyres with four brand new Bridgestones Potenza's RE050As.

(About the picture, the JSY plates over here are a luxury are not cheap to get, the other picture shows the car before when it was on standard Jersey plates)

Capture.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Still can't access the photos?

@Paulo Correia Paulo photos are obligatory to the isF massive (did I say that) anyway if we don't get them an angry mob will descend on your little island and do this to all your speed restrictions.....

IMG_3049.thumb.PNG.e9278b2a089e40e57a5061d26d73b132.PNG

Big Rat

@Paulo Correia Just started a build thread section on the forum for those of us with an interest in not only modifying but maintenance, cleaning and general enthusiast type stuff on our cars. I am hoping it will allow a few of us who's paths don't usually cross on the forum due to most of us sticking to the sections specific to our models. Would you be happy for the mods to move this thread to the new section? They will leave a copy of it here also for those who are currently following your progress to find the new location. Thanks

11 hours ago, dougie175 said:

@Paulo Correia Just started a build thread section on the forum for those of us with an interest in not only modifying but maintenance, cleaning and general enthusiast type stuff on our cars. I am hoping it will allow a few of us who's paths don't usually cross on the forum due to most of us sticking to the sections specific to our models. Would you be happy for the mods to move this thread to the new section? They will leave a copy of it here also for those who are currently following your progress to find the new location. Thanks

Sure that's fine!