Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300H Rear seat belt alarm

I've picked up a 14 plate IS300H Luxury and loving it so far but the seat belt alarm for the back seat is doing my head in.

If someone one is sat on the back seat with their seat belt on the alarm keeps beeping for the other two seat belts even when there is no one sat on those two seats, i can only get it to go off by fastening up the other two belts.

Is there a way round this?  I've had a look in the book and searched the forum but I can't find anything?

Ta

if you an elm327 adapter either a Bluetooth or wifi and use the carista app you can turn off individual seatbelt alarms.

i have done it on mine,when we had a dog if he was sitting on the seat the alarm would go off.

Surely the alarm should only go off if somebody is sat on the seat without buckling up. I had 2 passengers in the car last night and no alarms going off for the 2 unused rear seats.

3 hours ago, Lexman59 said:

Surely the alarm should only go off if somebody is sat on the seat without buckling up. I had 2 passengers in the car last night and no alarms going off for the 2 unused rear seats.

The rear seats are set up so that if someone sits in the rear without the seatbelt on before startup, it won't go off. If someone then decides to shuffle around it will start going off. 

• 2 years later...

The alarm goes on and off at random times when someone is sitting in any seat in the back, halfway through the journey at the start near the end of the journey , click in unused belts,click out all belts or all in, nothing works 😤🤯 ding ding ding ding 🛎🛎 DING DING DING DING 😩😡

15 minutes ago, Ingles96 said:

The alarm goes on and off at random times when someone is sitting in any seat in the back, halfway through the journey at the start near the end of the journey , click in unused belts,click out all belts or all in, nothing works 😤🤯 ding ding ding ding 🛎🛎 DING DING DING DING 😩😡

Definitely not normal behaviour.

You can actually sit in the rear without putting the belt on, it won't go off unless you buckle up and then take it off mid-journey

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links