Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

This was the comment I got today at a place where I was working.  The owner, who owns a 4 year old Range Rover, said the Lexus LS was a top car in its day!  I said it's still a top car today and invited him to take mine for a drive as he's never even sat in one.  He came back saying it's amazing.  He said its got gadgets that his hasn't got and was commenting for some time about the ride quality.  So he had to admit, its wasn't just a good car in its day!!

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

This was the comment I got today at a place where I was working.  The owner, who owns a 4 year old Range Rover, said the Lexus LS was a top car in its day!  I said it's still a top car today and invited him to take mine for a drive as he's never even sat in one.  He came back saying it's amazing.  He said its got gadgets that his hasn't got and was commenting for some time about the ride quality.  So he had to admit, its wasn't just a good car in its day!!

Very trusting to let a Range Rover driver use your vehicle?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lockeyboy said:

Very trusting to let a Range Rover driver use your vehicle?

He didn't offer to let me drive his, but just as well, one doesn't want to lower one's standards does one!

• Like 3

Quite agree, Porsche, Land Rover and Bentley all at the bottom of the reliability index.  When I recently bought my LS, my modest budget would have allowed for a nice 7 series or S Class.  No I wanted the LS as i have always wanted one and because I know it is and will hopefully be the most reliable car in its class.  The biggest fail I can see is the air suspension, which I think can now be fixed for a reasonable cost.  My business partners Audi Q5 MMI sat nav unit has failed and the dealer in Sheffield has quoted £2,500 for a new one, bonkers.  Just for a 7" screen and a few adapters.  Buy a 27" iMac for that, or indeed a LS430.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, messi said:

the number 1 most unreliable car in the world 

Are they? I know nothing about them, but I never heard anything bad either, what problems engine or what?

1 hour ago, dendonc said:

Are they? I know nothing about them, but I never heard anything bad either, what problems engine or what?

Denis,

You are clearly misinformed.

The Aussies say that if you wish to venture into the Outback, then take a Land Rover or a Land Cruiser.

If you wish to come back alive, then take the Toyota .

Regards

John

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Malc said:

I think he may have been somewhat embarrassed at showing his car's lack of superiority !

Malc

In all honesty the equipment on the very first LS is superior to his Range Rover.  Obviously he's got Bluetooth and other up to date gizmos, but as far as refinement goes there simply is no contest.  At least I've managed to educate a non Lexus person to the reality of it!

• Like 1

I only sat in a friend's 2003 Range Rover the other day, and I could not believe how much it had seemed to age - very tatty - not sure how abused it had been before he aquired it but I was unimpressed to say the least.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

I only sat in a friend's 2003 Range Rover the other day, and I could not believe how much it had seemed to age - very tatty - not sure how abused it had been before he aquired it but I was unimpressed to say the least.

A friend of mine has one, it's OK-ish, but the quality of the internal trim is noticeably poorer.

• Like 1

I have never understood why on earth RR & that type of vehicle became very popular in London of all places, yet RR or that type are all over the flaming place here, no wonder that mayor we have (khan or something) seems to be starting a campaign to get cars/petrol vehicles banned from London by 2050, he's still not made it clear who's going to clean the horse muck up when tesco gets its horse & cart deliveries

2 hours ago, dendonc said:

I have never understood why on earth RR & that type of vehicle became very popular in London of all places, yet RR or that type are all over the flaming place here, no wonder that mayor we have (khan or something) seems to be starting a campaign to get cars/petrol vehicles banned from London by 2050, he's still not made it clear who's going to clean the horse muck up when tesco gets its horse & cart deliveries

We go to Chelsea often, and it's not hard to see how they got the name!

yea, 'Chelsea tractor', they used to use them a lot on shoots on an estate I go with the dog, best place for 'em but I doubt they can take anything like the hammer 'real' land rovers can take.

18 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

If you wish to come back alive, then take the Toyota .

Now that rings some distance bells, there was a popular 4x toyota sort of half truck about in I think the 1990's, it went usually with a name ie toyota - ???? it could take an awsome amount of very rough handling, if i remember rightly that TV motoring program put it through a series of seriously tough tests, including (I think) letting it get submerged in the sea and driving it after.....it really did get numerous hard hammering tests & came out of them fine, just looked a bit battered thats all...anyone remember that & the name of that toyota???

1 hour ago, dendonc said:

Now that rings some distance bells, there was a popular 4x toyota sort of half truck about in I think the 1990's, it went usually with a name ie toyota - ???? it could take an awsome amount of very rough handling, if i remember rightly that TV motoring program put it through a series of seriously tough tests, including (I think) letting it get submerged in the sea and driving it after.....it really did get numerous hard hammering tests & came out of them fine, just looked a bit battered thats all...anyone remember that & the name of that toyota???

That silly Top Gear programme.

Toyota Hilux probably.

Most of the World`s Charity/Aid Associations seem to drive Toyotas.....I wonder why ?  :):):)

Regards

John

1 minute ago, royoftherovers said:

That silly Top Gear programme.

Toyota Hilux probably.

Most of the World`s Charity/Aid Associations seem to drive Toyotas.....I wonder why ?  :):):)

Regards

John

And if I'm not mistaken terrorist groups!! 

I remember reading from long back the huge Toyota Land Cruiser 4 ltr whatever was the vehicle of choice for Oz outback ( that's actually out AND back ) traversing.

I wouldn't trust any other vehicle.

Malc

• Like 1

I was told, admittedly by the Mitsubishi manager, that the L200 pick-up would be able to stand similiar treatment - they are still the best selling pick-up in the UK I believe.

Still, credit to the Toyota, it did take some hammer. Would a Land Rover / Range Rover fair so well? Anyone out there want to try? Make a good short film ........ very short in my opinion!

• Like 1