Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How to remove the rear seats

I found 5p and a rusty nail, gave it a good vacuum though amazing all the rubbish that collects beneath those rear seats!

Is there a certain way those 2 hooks sticking out the back of the seat bench go when putting it back in? Just sort of wedged mine back in, looks like everything is as it should be but wasn't sure if those hooks have to fix into something.

On 2017-6-26 at 0:19 PM, Stuart Aspey said:

At least I know how easy it is to take out, I'll vacuum over the week. Off to Donington on Saturday, so that £1.10 will come in handy for extra petrol money. 😂

Dont worry about the fuel 

Just get yourself a 99 Flake - not sure you'll get much change back from £1.10 nowadays though

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/29/2017 at 1:28 PM, rayaans said:

Hybrid battery cooling 

On 6/29/2017 at 1:24 PM, AlanS said:

Any idea what those plastic vent on the sill are for? The IS200t doesn't have it.

Only on the Drivers side, though?

Edited by Stuart Aspey
added quote twice by error

• 6 years later...

Hi all, I am looking to remove the side padding on my mk3 IS300h folding rear seats.

I don't wanna break any clips that may be needed when re-installing so I hope someone here has done this before and can help me out?

Greeting from The Netherlands 

4 hours ago, ChrisIS300h said:

Hi all, I am looking to remove the side padding on my mk3 IS300h folding rear seats.

I don't wanna break any clips that may be needed when re-installing so I hope someone here has done this before and can help me out?

Yes its very easy. You just pull up the seat bench as described in this thread it just needs a strong tug upwards to unclip the seat bench. Then you will see a bolt at the base of the side padding undo this bolt and lift the padding upwards there is a metal hook that gets unhooked when you lift upwards no plastic clips to break. More detailed instructions are here in this thread 

Wow, this is super! Just what I was looking for. I removed the side padding so I can fit three child seats next to each other. I have come to realize that a Lexus has too luxurious back seats for a larger family but now they fit in there just fine! 

Thanks for the help. 

6 minutes ago, ChrisIS300h said:

Wow, this is super! Just what I was looking for. I removed the side padding so I can fit three child seats next to each other. I have come to realize that a Lexus has too luxurious back seats for a larger family but now they fit in there just fine! 

Thanks for the help. 

How do you mean you removed the side padding? Any photos?

On 1/9/2024 at 2:17 PM, ChrisIS300h said:

You will need to remove the plastic door skirt and remove the seat belts from the clip, then its just a case of pulling.... oh before i totally forget you will need to undo the bolts that are visible when seat base is removed.

Hello all, I managed to remover the side padding. the instructions Notamech gave were very clear), the leather upholstery and the foam material are mounted on the plastic frame with some plastic clips. In order to obtain more space for my child seats and not have all cables in sight I removed and stored the leather and foam and put the plastic part back in its place. This gives me about 10cm more space on both sides which prefents me from having to buy a new car. (NX is not really a wider car) 

I am thinking of maybe having a piece of black fabric or leather over this plastic part to make it a bit friendlier to the eye.

PXL_20240113_152106449.jpg

PXL_20240113_152106449.jpg

• Like 1