Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Gracious Goodbye

2 minutes ago, dougie175 said:

I think he means that listing is for his old car no?

That's how I read it too.

The tease image is just that and frankly I'm loosing the will...

1 hour ago, Spacewagon52 said:

YES! Another RX! What is the diffetrence? Just a colour and newer?

Yep thats my old car at Cheltenham

and the replacement of course - 

kKIsWsl.jpg

ySN08JC.jpg

czp8VnA.jpg

lwsbLcD.jpg

XmcNe3K.jpg

So yes, a newer RX with  a different interior and more gadgets

It feels absolutely massive as well.

• Like 5

Hurrah, at last and thanks for FINALLY revealing the...secret.

Looks like a pretty nice motor, did you spec it yourself?

Will be interested to hear how you compare old vs new.

7 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Hurrah, at last and thanks for FINALLY revealing the...secret.

Looks like a pretty nice motor, did you spec it yourself?

Will be interested to hear how you compare old vs new.

Its used - bought from Lexus Cheltenham and has 11k miles on it  but a very good spec (pan roof and head up display). Alex dropped it off to Lexus Lincoln yesterday and I was collecting from there but he got stuck in traffic and it was 6pm before I actually got the car and then had to drive back for 1.5 hours. 

Its filthy already, loads of bugs on it and it was raining on the way back.

Condition wise - the interior is in excellent condition with minimal wear i.e 2 or 3 creases to only the drivers seat. All other seats look and feel brand new. 

Exterior wise, its great again - Ive noticed a bit of bird poo etching which I'll polish out and a 2 badly touched up stone chips to which I will use a tar remover to remove the current paint and touch up properly myself. It doesn't have any other stone chips. There are 2 edge chips on the driver door as well which I will do myself (I trust myself more than whoever did the PDI on this vehicle)

A full write up of my new RX compared to the older one will surface soon, as will the comparison to its competitors that I pictured above :)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dougie175 said:

Very swish. Glad your staying brand loyal some good decoy posts to put doubt in our minds. 

Once you read the write up of the other vehicles,  you'll find that it was actually a very easy decision to make

• Like 1

I've just been walking around the car and seen a few issues and sent Lexus Cheltenham an email 

Most of them are minor touch up regarding the edge chips and 1 dodgy stone chip repair attempt on the front.

BUT, I seem to have found a scuff on the back - initially thought it was just something stuck to the bumper but it looks odd and doesn't feel smooth so I think its a scuff.

Well done Rayaan....lovely motor.   I'll be upgrading mine in a couple of years time too.  The panoramic roof looks very attractive.

Hated your suspense.....naughty boy !

• Like 1

@rayaans  Something I meant to ask the other day:

Why the thread title "A Gracious Goodbye" when you've bought another Lexus.

Was it attention seeking? Do you need to see a professional for that, my son's a psychologist, I can highly recommend him. 

:yucky:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Verbout said:

Was it attention seeking? Do you need to see a professional for that, my son's a psychologist, I can highly recommend him. 

It was a gracious goodbye............. to his "old" RX!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Verbout said:

Yes, it was a goodbye to my old RX which I was very fond of. Hopefully the new one will impress just as much.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rayaans said:

Yes, it was a goodbye to my old RX which I was very fond of. Hopefully the new one will impress just as much.

I know I was joshing.   :)

• Like 1

Just removed the bird poo etching using my special method - hairdryer to heat the panel up and then a fine polish by hand 

TBH I could have got away with using the machine as it took quite a while - went through 3 hits of Autosmart Mirror Image, then 5 hits of Autoglym Super resin polish and finally Autosmart Cherry Glaze to bring it up really well. 

One thing Ive learnt is that Lexus Cheltenham don't prepare their cars as well as other Lexus dealers - the IS300h from Chester was absolutely immaculate despite being older and with the same mileage. Stockport was the same.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Photos before and after please!

I didn't take any before because I genuinely thought it wouldn't work as it looked like it'd been on there for ages.

I'll get one of the area tomorrow so you can see :)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Spacewagon52 said:

Photos before and after please!

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten to get a picture!

The only problem is, I can't actually see where it was so I guess that means I did a better job than the dimwit polishers at Lexus Cheltenham

On a side note, had to order a few plastic number plate screws as currently, there's a white and yellow screw on black lettering!! Might be OCD, but I don't think it looks right

2 minutes ago, rayaans said:

had to order a few plastic number plate screws as currently, there's a white and yellow screw on black lettering!! Might be OCD, but I don't think it looks right

This really infuriates me also. I don't like it when people use screws to try and make their plate day something it doesn't!

But it also annoys me when dealerships are lazy and can't be bothered to walk back to box and get the correct coloured cap for the screw location!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links