Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leaving the fold - thanks guys

Hi guys,

Recently sold the IS300h F-Sport and purchased a BMW 335d xDrive, so was just wanting to say thank you to everyone for making this forum insightful and engaging. I owned an IS200 Sport for the best part of 7 years, but it was a brief stint (19 months) with my IS300h, however, it was an unforgettable one.

I'm already missing some of the luxuries of the Lexus - the ventilated seats, the reversing camera, the dip down mirrors (only the passenger mirror dips down on the BMW), the speed limit on all roads on the sat nav, the beeps for speed cameras. I'm sure I'll return to the brand in the future, maybe when I'm ready to be more mature and appreciative of what the brand is aiming towards. As for now, I think I'll enjoy the BMW as much as I can until I develop the expensive itch to replace it!

I'll pop back now and then to see how the community is getting along, and to see if there's any vehicles within the Lexus pipeline.

Adios amigos and all the best.

Lol,:laugh: I just received a personal video report on the this car from jct600.

Can I ask what decision swayed you to go for a diesel over hybrid? And BMW?

On 6/29/2017 at 1:13 PM, scudney said:

Take care,good luck 🍀 and all the best 

Thanks scudney - although I'll keep following the forums to see if there's any good future gossip about the Lexus Brand.

On 6/29/2017 at 8:11 PM, kal said:

Lol,:laugh: I just received a personal video report on the this car from jct600.

Can I ask what decision swayed you to go for a diesel over hybrid? And BMW?

What did you make of my previous car? I know it's on for sale at just under £21k, but would you like to take a guess how much they offered me for it?

I went for the 335d because I simply got a really good deal. The car had done less miles than my Lexus, meticulously well maintained, it had some extras but I wanted a little project too so I'll be upgrading the brakes, suspension, sound system and maybe a remap too. Although it's my daily driver at the minute, that'll soon change, so I'm on the lookout for something else.

Having said that, there was very little in the current Lexus range that appealed to me. Presently, the GS-F is too big for me, the RC-F looks amazing from the front but the rear end is very much a miss in my opinion, the IS200t didn't even enter my thought process and at the end of it, neither did the NX or the RX. So I decided to leave the brand.

Oh, another attraction of the 335d - the sheer torque and propulsion of the damn thing off the line. I've embarrassed quite a lot of guys who think they can take it on, but they fail miserably. For a diesel, it sounds pretty good too. I'm probably going to change the tires though, I can't deal with the run-flats at the minute!

23 hours ago, John Fox said:

335d vs is300h: Need you ask!

It's a comparison between apples and oranges - both are totally incomparable. The Lexus build quality and refinement are leagues ahead of BMW, but the BMW (in this 335d guise) is the consummate all-round, user-friendly car with amazing performance and fuel consumption. I really cannot complain!

Forgot to say, I can't believe how backdated the Lexus Infotainment system is. The BMW iDrive is simply astonishing - it's very easy to use, the quality of the graphics simply wipes the floor against the Lexus child-like attempt, and it's a much more appealing bit of kit.

The only thing that lets BMW down? Their customer service.

The thing that lets down BMW is customer service and BMW cars themselves from my experience. Do yourself a favour and stay with Lexus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting. Looked at a current model 335d today. It was nice. Haven't driven it yet, I was just browsing their stock as I was waiting for my wife. Will try to get back to see it at some point soon for a proper look and a drive.