Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Touch up Set

Hi,

I received a touch up set from Lexus contain a basecoat and clearcoat. But the guide is 16 small pictures with no text and help and I am not sure how to use it. As I searched others said that the basecoat and clearcoat should be shaken before use whereas on the guide it is banned. Anyone has any experience of using it?

I attached the photo here. I am more confused about the step 7 and 16. In step 7, it wont scratch the car more?

photo_2017-07-01_07-46-01.jpg

Step 7 may leave some surface scratches in the clear coat but they will not be so deep, the idea is obviously to remove any excess basecoat.

However by using polish in step 16 you will remove any scratches you created in step 7. 

• 3 months later...

There's a funny (IMHO - though I'm sure it's not meant to be) instructional video on YouTube for using a Toyota paint set but of course it's actually the same thing.

How to use Toyota car touch up paint set and fix scratch in paint

I love how the chap, Peter Finn, goes to quite some pains to [try to] explain those instructions and then show us how to get a "professional" finish but . . . ah, now I don't want to spoil it for you! 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2017 at 7:47 AM, Houman said:

Hi,

I received a touch up set from Lexus...

I've been using exactly the same set this week. Yes it does say don't shake but I've shaken it (didn't pay attention) and not shaken it. Makes no difference as far as I can tell.

Step 7 won't scratch it as you're just using a damp foam pad and as Martin points out, in 17 you're just thinning the clearcoat.

Whatever, I don't know why I bothered. I obviously have some sort of selective memory problem and touch ups always look appalling. I will be contacting a professional shortly.

• 10 months later...

yep that is funny

On 10/14/2017 at 10:27 PM, Simpsoid said:

There's a funny (IMHO - though I'm sure it's not meant to be) instructional video on YouTube for using a Toyota paint set but of course it's actually the same thing.

I love how the chap, Peter Finn, goes to quite some pains to [try to] explain those instructions and then show us how to get a "professional" finish but . . . ah, now I don't want to spoil it for you! 

On 10/14/2017 at 10:27 PM, Simpsoid said:

I think that video has just summed up me life: if I don't understand something just blag it

• 2 years later...

Went to my Lexus/Toyota service point today to get a paint stick or a touch-up-set.

Was told Lexus do not make anything for fixing such small scratches.

Anybody here know where to get such thing on the internet or should I go to a car paint garage to get a very minor scratch repaired?

200H.jpg

22 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Lexus/Toyota dealers should be able to supply touch up paint but you will get a better result using something like this:

https://www.chipex.co.uk

Thank you, Colin,

Absolutely. Lexus/Toyota should be able. Service here in the islands is run by one company that is interested in doing the small fixes themselves for astronomical amounts and I was told that Lexus is not supplying touch up paint. Toyota does but have no similar colour. Looking at Chipex I see that Toyota have 3 cars with same colour. Lexus service on the Island here suck.

Colour is 8X9.

Ordered 2 different from eBay yesterday, but if not perfect will get the one from Chipex.

Hi Colin,

As Global Moderator you will probably be asked questions and some may be outside what you do.

On the web-site I am told that:

“Connection is not secure.

This web-site contains content that is not secure etc.”

Is it something to be worried about? In these times we probably worry about things not really important, but maybe that is not so bad.

Probably in wrong forum, but bear with me.

unsafe.jpg

unsafe2.jpg

unsafe3.jpg