Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Increase Auto Light Sensitivity?

Hello, first post here after picking up a tatty on the outside, but very well maintained, one owner IS200!

I absolutely love the car so far, but one thing that has been bugging me a bit is how dark it has to be for the automatic lights to activate. It can be pretty heavy rain or pretty dark outside before they come on. Is there any way of adjusting the sensitivity?

I do not think they are adjustable, but I could be wrong. You could try putting a piece of tinted cellophane over the sensor on the dash "think sweet rapper". This would reduce the amount of light seen by the sensor, And make the lights come on earlier. 

John.

Just now, Britprius said:

I do not think they are adjustable, but I could be wrong. You could try putting a piece of tinted cellophane over the sensor on the dash "think sweet rapper". This would reduce the amount of light seen by the sensor, And make the lights come on earlier. 

John.

That's not a bad idea actually!

Modern models are adjustable 'on the fly' by the driver. Perhaps older models can be done via Techstream? 

That said I do think we now expect lights on much earlier than years ago, before the advent of 'automatic' headlamps..