Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Navigation Disc

Yep, very easy.

You do it like so:

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.75fef890bfcc8f41ded29931b530d286.jpg

Although, unlike in the picture, Lexus do provide the tools required in the toolkit.

If you have the toolkit, there is a little pocket along the spine on the inside in the middle.  In there should be 2 metal prongs that fit into the holes in the centre console.

So, once you have the panel off, press the Menu button, then go to Map DVD - Eject DVD to get the disc out.  Once the new one is in, it should update the firmware and you are good to go.

I used http://www.latestsatnav.co.uk/ to update the satnag in my GS.

It has all the countries I want on a single disk, unlike many of the other options.

The chap was pretty quick to reply to emails if you have any queries (both before and after purchasing).

Beware that many of the '3rd party' DVD's may need the 12v Battery disconnecting in order for the new disk to work. 

1 minute ago, joelfigueira said:

Hi,

thanks for that link, did you have to disconnect your battery when you installed the dvd?

was there any other updates apart from the maps?

Yes to the Battery and I think so, provided I'm on crawling I can input a destination (rather than being stationary). 

The map update was the main thing, as many of my 'familiar' roads are new and weren't on the old DVD.

Well, in my case at least, I didn't have to disconnect the Battery.

Lee is right, the main difference for me was that you can now input destinations on the nav while moving (although mine doesn't care how fast I am going).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Yep, I have upgraded mine from 2008 to 2015.

The general consensus is that this site is good:

http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/

Alternatively, you can do what I did and get one off Ebay.  Cost me about £75 if I remember right.

I upgraded from 2006 to 2016 with a genuine dvd from eBay, cost me £50 - removed old dvd and inserted new one and I was good to go.....