Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi, someone posted a link on here quite a while ago now from the American owners forum about a guy who changed the function of the tape button on the stereo to accept an iPod on a 3.5mm jack lead. He took the head unit out and moved a plug over inside or something like that.

I can't find it now, any of you boffins out there know what I'm talking about?

Bod

No I've got one of those and it annoys me a lot.

The thread I'm on about was a how to on how to take the head unit apart and move a plug over or do some soldering or something. It was on a US forum.

Seeing as you have the 2002 there as far as I know a solution, and it doesn't fit my 2000 as I bought it and have given up.

It is a connects 2 adaptor that sits on the CD changer plug on the headunit (ok, so you lose the changer, but iPhone/pod capability way exceeds that surely)I have the CTALXUSB002 which has an Aux audio in and a USB port for a USB drive filled with files.

Willing to part with it, I paid ÂŁ59 for it and would be open to a sensible offer.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using one of these Bluetooth FM modulators for a couple of years, it's been superb. Cheap as chips, powers on with the ignition (if the power point does it of course), so auto connects as soon as I started the car. I used to keep the controller in the cup holder recess out of the way. The forward/back button location is perfect for moving tracks without having to look at the controller or the phone/mp3 player.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth-Car-MP3-Music-Player-FM-Transmitter-Modulator-2-USB-Charger-for-iPhone-/172482239893?hash=item2828be1d95:g:DNsAAOSw2xRYddpz

On 7/22/2017 at 0:21 AM, hondansxr said:

hi CustomIc  do you still have the ctalxusb002  as i have a gs 430 on an 03 .

would this work as i have the dreded cassette 

Yes!

I was about to list it on fleabay, 03 would be worth checking the cd changer connector matches.

Hi @CustomIce. So sorry I didn't thank you for your offer. I read your post when you posted it and thought 'I'll reply to that in a moment' then promptly forgot. Sell it on if you like. I want to keep my CD player as well as using an iPod.

I just can't find the right post that I have seen in the past.

Bod

5 hours ago, Boddney said:

Hi @CustomIce. So sorry I didn't thank you for your offer. I read your post when you posted it and thought 'I'll reply to that in a moment' then promptly forgot. Sell it on if you like. I want to keep my CD player as well as using an iPod.

I just can't find the right post that I have seen in the past.

Bod

No worries. The ctalx unit does render the CD changer inoperable until you plug it back in.

Although I had heard of someone using a Y cable to use both.