Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Picked up my new NX, replacing an IS, yesterday.

Early impressions are broadly good, with some mixed.

GOOD:

- Enjoying the comfort (and the car appears big without really being so, if that makes sense);

- Looks (of course);

- Mirrors (a funny one, but I like the passenger wrap around);

- Open via back doors (this is already surprisingly useful); and

- Ride is better than anticipated (though note below).

NOT SO GOOD:

- Locking (boot closure does not lock car - very minor, but it seems to mean you have to wait for boot to close before locking; boot doesn't do it);

- Bumps (ride is exceptionally good I think, but bumps cause tremors);

- Rear seat belt (the hang down for middle seat is going to get irritating because, as it will largely be teenagers using it, there is no chance they'll put it back!); and

- Visibility (it's not great...).

AAAAAHHHH...:

- and of course the Lexus Portal/MyLexus system does not work for the Premium Nav - hoping that verifying the car (which I'll not be able to do until I see the log book mid-month) will sort this.

OH, AND...

- the radar cruise control is simply superb in traffic jams.

2017 E Lexus NX (side).JPG

• Like 1

Lovely looking car Ian.

Re the ride - there is something not quite right about an NX ride. There is good suspension travel and you can feel it soaking up large undulations but short sharp bumps such as ridges in the tarmac or slight potholes are really felt through the whole car. I can feel slight tyre bounce and I can feel the suspension working and yet the car is pants over short sharp ridges including expansion joints between motorway road sections. Think that motoring journalists call it primary and secondary ride comfort. The NX has great primary comfort and crap secondary comfort. Might have it round the wrong way, not an expert....

Agreed re the radar cruise control. Simply superb

Looking good - just don't damage those wheels - £100 a pop due to the diamond cut and a customer at my local dealer had a breakdown when they told him he either had to buy a replacement or get them all painted as he'd had them done twice already!

Tbh SWMBO chose the colour. 

Annoyingly, everyone seems to think she was right... :)

It does take some getting used to after the IS, but I'm getting there!

Consumption is not terrible so far, btw - 38mpg where the IS was 45.