Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISF from UK to France

Hi,

Here is my lexus isf that I bought in england a few weeks ago: year 2008, 107000 miles. 

Here are some pictures: cleaning of the seats with soap of marseille, complete cleaning of the body, plastidip of the emblem and the front grille

68312520170526151448.jpg
45798120170526154309.jpg

64827920170610212430.jpg
27257520170610212510.jpg

• Like 6

Hi Etienne

Good luck with your new car, did you choose a 'right hooker' because French ISFs are just too expensive?  Interesting choice to make, always interested in people's thought process when doing this and I know with other cars the UK models tend to be much cheaper than those in many other EU countries.

Thank you! Yes the price was much more interesting than in France. In addition, at the time of my purchase there was very little choice in France.

Next mods :

- wheels : LC818

- exhaust

Welcome Etienne, nice to see a more formal introduction as I know we've spoken in the past. :thumbsup:

Hope you continue to enjoy your F, certainly picked the best colour! :yes::wink3:.

Nice work so far. Sounds like I may have some competition in the modified class for these special cars! Lol.

If I make another trip back over for Le Mans, maybe we can meet up?

Enjoy the car, and the forum. Good bunch (mostly!) :whistling::lol:

All the best,

Peter

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

New mod: I wanted a more beautiful exhaust soud without spending too much money in a complete exhaust system. I bought a QTP qtec33 cutout  in the USA that I have welded on my stock exhaust. I activate the opening and closing with a switch. I'm very satisfied with the soud.

659196201706301044481.jpg

97526520170714162414.jpg
54873420170719180319.jpg

• Like 3

That looks like a tidy job, well done :thumbup:

Do you have any recording of the valve in operation?

Just out of curiosity, where have you positioned the activation switch?

• Like 1

Very nice! :cool:

Is that the Bayson R or whatever they call it? If so, meant to be a good bit of kit for not too much money. Just as well given the potholes, speed bumps etc!

I could never justify buying anything carbon like the Wald or TOM's lips.

Looks like a great fit? Did you get all the hardware you needed to fit it with the lip? Hopefully you didn't drill into the headlight washer lines behind the bottom of your bumper? Might have nicked one when I did my corner splitters! Lol.

Have you had it colour matched? Looks very OEM from the photos. Nice addition. :thumbsup:

@Etienne Good work looking forward to the exhaust clip when you get it done.

There are a considerable number of French registered ISF's about the country don't know what part you are in but if you look on this website enter isF  and France you will see what I mean, great photography as well.

https://www.autogespot.co.uk/

May find yourself some like minded owners.

Big Rat 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, etienne1201 said:

I have to say, that is very impressive, well done you! 👌. The best solution in my opinion which still blends in with sleeper nature of this car. If you could by this off the shelf, I would be sold! 

19 hours ago, emjay82 said:

I have to say, that is very impressive, well done you! 👌. The best solution in my opinion which still blends in with sleeper nature of this car. If you could by this off the shelf, I would be sold! 

Any half decent welder can install one, I have had one on my IS250 for over a year, I'll be honest I never actually open it up after the first couple of days but its there if I ever wanted to make a lot of noise!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...