Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

gs450h RH wing mirror glass replacement, even if its from another make!

Hi all, please don't be calling me cheap or tight here, but my right hand wing mirror glass is smashed, i tried the self adhesive 'universal' stuff that you cut to size, but it totally distorts the view.

I don't want to pay £120 for the glass, or £200 for an entire second hand mirror in the wrong colour (electric, heated, folding), so my question is:

What similar mirror glass can i pick up for £10-£20, even if its slightly too small and not heated? Anything will do, thr rx400h mirror looks close, but even a mondeo or astra miror glass is fine, provided its not too big, and will fit inside the recess?

cheers guys/girls!

The mirror glass in the GS450H is a LCD glass that dims the glass at night to reduce headlamp glare from following cars. This feature would be lost if standard mirror glass is fitted.

John

On 09/07/2017 at 0:25 PM, Britprius said:

The mirror glass in the GS450H is a LCD glass that dims the glass at night to reduce headlamp glare from following cars. This feature would be lost if standard mirror glass is fitted.

John

29 minutes ago, doro708 said:

I had my mirror smashed by another driver and the only sensible option was a used one from ebay . Lexus offered me the glass only for about £350 .

At £350 I would do without the dimming!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I got this heated replacement glass from eBay for my RX300. Ok, it doesn't dim like the original Lexus one but I don't like the dimming feature anyway; it's good for the internal rear view mirror but not for the sides. This replacement cost £15.49, so it may be worth looking if the same trader has one for your GS450h.