Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Lexus dealer near Oxford?

I use Lexus Reading.  In fact, I was there today to pick up my car.

I have had nothing but good service from them.  Always helpful and fair.

For example, I wasn't sure my brakes were feeling ok after they changed the calipers a few weeks ago, so they had it back in, bled the brakes again and even put the car on the MOT tester to see what pressure each wheel was putting out (they gave me a copy of the results) and didn't charge me anything for it.  Turns out everything is fine and it may be the run out on my discs (which they didn't supply or fit).

Anyway, I recommend speaking to Michael on the service desk as he is the one that always helps me out.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OldTrout said:

The nearest Lexus dealers to Oxford I think are Reading and Milton Keynes. Anything known about either of these?

Did you try Lexus Oxford? http://www.oxford.lexus.co.uk Interested to to know why you're looking further afield if you did?

11 hours ago, Shahpor said:

For example, I wasn't sure my brakes were feeling ok after they changed the calipers a few weeks ago, so they had it back in, bled the brakes again and even put the car on the MOT tester to see what pressure each wheel was putting out (they gave me a copy of the results) and didn't charge me anything for it.  Turns out everything is fine and it may be the run out on my discs (which they didn't supply or fit).

Anyway, I recommend speaking to Michael on the service desk as he is the one that always helps me out.

Hi Shahpor,

Do you always get your IS serviced at Lexus Reading or only specific work? Mine is coming up to needing a service next month @74K Miles and almost exactly 10K and a year since last serviced, MOT is due in September so probably do it all at once. Debating whether to go independent or main dealer...... If anyone knows of a recomended independent, Oxford / Reading / Newbury area. (Live in Oxford, work in Aldermaston so not far from Reading)

Andrew

5 hours ago, C Andrew Green said:

Did you try Lexus Oxford? http://www.oxford.lexus.co.uk Interested to to know why you're looking further afield if you did?

Yes. If only the customer service were as good as the web page.

Oxford Lexus is now just a service centre. It is also the service centre for several other makes. When I went into reception none of the people there could be bothered to ask what I wanted. They were just too busy on social media or whatever, There were no other customers. The service mechanics might well be excellent but I will not find out. This is a pity since it's on a bus route from my home (and I have a bus pass).

John

17 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Thanks Shapor. In the absence of any comments about Milton Keynes I will be going to Reading and speaking to Michael. I see from the Gold Member Discounts that Reading offer 15% but MK only 10%. 

John

5 hours ago, C Andrew Green said:

Hi Shahpor,

Do you always get your IS serviced at Lexus Reading or only specific work? Mine is coming up to needing a service next month @74K Miles and almost exactly 10K and a year since last serviced, MOT is due in September so probably do it all at once. Debating whether to go independent or main dealer...... If anyone knows of a recomended independent, Oxford / Reading / Newbury area. (Live in Oxford, work in Aldermaston so not far from Reading)

Andrew

Andrew,

I went to Summertown Garage (now in Kidlington) with my old GS for the 10 years I owned it. I am presently on under Lexus warranty so have to go to Lexus for service but when that expires I will be returning to Summertown Garage. I have been a satisfied customer for a very long time and earlier this year they did my 50th consecutive MOT at no charge. I am sure you will find them as helpful as I do.

John

39 minutes ago, OldTrout said:

Andrew,

I went to Summertown Garage (now in Kidlington) with my old GS for the 10 years I owned it. I am presently on under Lexus warranty so have to go to Lexus for service but when that expires I will be returning to Summertown Garage. I have been a satisfied customer for a very long time and earlier this year they did my 50th consecutive MOT at no charge. I am sure you will find them as helpful as I do.

John

Thanks John,

I might have to give Summertown Garage a try, for the past 4~5 years I've been using a garage near my work (recomended by work colleagues) but since the original proprietor retired and sold out to his chief mechanic a couple of years ago it definitely has a different feel to it.......

Andrew

6 hours ago, C Andrew Green said:

Hi Shahpor,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I have taken my car there for all the work it needs for the last 2 years.  I have an extended warranty on mine though, so I might as well.  In fact, they have just authorised a new seat back for me since my last one broke, which is a nice bonus.

They are always happy to do little bits and pieces when my car is in for some work.  The only annoyance that I can comment on is that they charge the full hour for any diagnostics instead of half an hour like Edgware Road used to do for me, so it costs £168.  Having said that, since the warranty has covered every fault so far, I have never actually had to pay it. :smile:

Also, to give you an example, I have a faint knocking noise coming from the engine bay which they investigated for me.  When I went to collect it, they couldn't diagnose it since it was intermittent, so they didn't charge me because they couldn't give me a definitive answer.

Add to that the fact that I have had IS300h courtesy cars for my last 5 visits (which they always let me have for two days since I can't get back to dealer the same day in time), and I am pretty happy.  In fact, Michael asked me which of their cars I would like to try when I go back for my seat change in a few weeks, so I am trying an NX since I haven't tried one before. :smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OldTrout said:

Thanks Shapor. In the absence of any comments about Milton Keynes I will be going to Reading and speaking to Michael. I see from the Gold Member Discounts that Reading offer 15% but MK only 10%. 

John

Cool.  Let us know how you get on.