Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just bough myself main beam Osram Xenarc Cool Blue Intense D4S for £41 (standards price ~ £80). Sadly, was limited deal on amazon I believe 2 items left, but the time I bough and none by the time I finished making the post.

Can anyone advice on High Beam?

I know there is part thread just above, but it seems nobody has any recommendations for high beam?

Was it £41 for a pair?!

I had the Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited in my last car and they were pretty good. A small improvement over the OEM bulb in terms of light output but the colour temperature wasn't a match for the HID. It was a bit whiter than OEM but if I was to buy again, I would go for the Cool Blue ones instead.

I guess my question was lost in translation (English is not my native language). There are many contradicting terms for this... main beam, full beam, high beam, long beam etc. I am not sure if there is right way of saying it.. furthermore it seems British/American English differs in this aspect.

Just to be clear - bought HID "dipped beam" headlights, that is probably most correct description. I am looking for what I believe is "main beam" in British English, though in my owners manual it refers to "high beam" and it kind of makes more sense for me this way.

I believe they are 9005/HB3 Halogen bulbs, It would be great to get something as close as possible to 5500-6000k - any suggestions? I believe Osram Nightbreaker Unlimited are 4300k @J Henderson - would that be right to assume they would match the colour to Night Breakers Blue Intense HID (I believe they are whiter than OE)?

And yes that was "duo box" - new and sealed from amazon warehouse deals. £41 is like less than half price:

d4s.png.295fa726c88ed95eeb3846499f533bfd.png

• Like 1

@Linas.P, Sorry I just read back what I posted and I didn't mention which bulb (headlight/Main beam) I was referring to... 

To be clear, the Nightbreakers I had were in the main beam only, and my HIDs were still OEM. They were brighter & whiter than the normal (Sylvania, IIRC) bulbs in the high beam, but didn't really match the HID. The colour was still a mismatch.

Yes, those Cool Blue bulbs are what I opt for to try and achieve a more uniform look. Albeit at the expense of actual performance.

Nice catch on those D4S bulbs. Please let us know your findings compared to OEM.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/13/2017 at 4:59 PM, J Henderson said:

Nice catch on those D4S bulbs. Please let us know your findings compared to OEM.

As per my thread - apparently one side already had Osram bulb which was dying, whereas other one was OEM. That said they are not that much different, I believe OEM is ~5200k. I fitted, both side with new Osrams now and they are slightly brighter, but it is impossible to capture on camera.

As well you were spot on regarding main beam, even best halogen bulbs are still miss match.. I am considering LED's going forward but struggling to find any branded in from of HB3.

See more here: