Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Well at last the V5c arrived today for my new toy and I wasted no time in going online and allocating my private plate to my GS300h. A quick phone call and I was at Lexus Cheltenham where they swiftly made up and fitted a new set of plates gratis together with supplying a free touch up paint set. I have now been able to register the car on the  online portal and see the full history stored. When I have a bit of time I will go through it. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, olliesgrandad said:

Well at last the V5c arrived today for my new toy and I wasted no time in going online and allocating my private plate to my GS300h. A quick phone call and I was at Lexus Cheltenham where they swiftly made up and fitted a new set of plates gratis together with supplying a free touch up paint set. I have now been able to register the car on the  online portal and see the full history stored. When I have a bit of time I will go through it. 

Wow that took a while - I had mine on the Monday after I picked the car up on Thursday.

Surprised you had to go back to Cheltenham for them to make and put plates on. They gave me a set on the Thursday I picked up (haven't used them yet mind)

8 hours ago, rayaans said:

Wow that took a while - I had mine on the Monday after I picked the car up on Thursday.

Surprised you had to go back to Cheltenham for them to make and put plates on. They gave me a set on the Thursday I picked up (haven't used them yet mind)

Cheltenham is local to me and they said that if they put them on they would make sure the right coloured plastic screws were in the correct place on the plates. The set on my IS would have fitted but the intention was to put plain rather than EU plates on. Unfortunately they didn't have any plain rear blanks in stock and as you know the rear plates on Lexus are bigger than a standard plate. I also collected the touch up kit they had ordered for me.

The car I bought has had 2 plate changes in its life and I wonder if that slowed DVLA down (or was it to do with the tax issue...)

2 hours ago, olliesgrandad said:

Cheltenham is local to me and they said that if they put them on they would make sure the right coloured plastic screws were in the correct place on the plates. The set on my IS would have fitted but the intention was to put plain rather than EU plates on. Unfortunately they didn't have any plain rear blanks in stock and as you know the rear plates on Lexus are bigger than a standard plate. I also collected the touch up kit they had ordered for me.

The car I bought has had 2 plate changes in its life and I wonder if that slowed DVLA down (or was it to do with the tax issue...)

Why didn't they just supply you with the screws too? They cost £2 for a set which I don't doubt they'd tell you I'd atleast £5

My plate was too large at the rear so I got a standard size one. Looks much better imo.

17 minutes ago, olliesgrandad said:

They did fit new screws. I didn't pay for the plates, the screws or the touch up kit. 

Neither did I. I was just saying that it would have been much easier for them to supply you with plates and with a set of screws.

This is one of the things that annoyed me with Lexus Cheltenham. The service isn't as good as the dealers up North. 

Didn't even get any little trinkets for buying from them. Lexus Chester,  Bradford and Stockport have all given me either a bottle of champagne (I don't drink) or a bunch of flowers for my wife etc. 

It's not about getting something but about the service and I don't think they match the best of Lexus Dealers. It's not a surprise Chester, Bradford and Stockport ate amongst the top in customer service ratings amongst Lexus dealers  

I believe Stoke is up there as well.

Regardless, did you manage to check the history on the portal and find out about the tints?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rayaans said:

Neither did I. I was just saying that it would have been much easier for them to supply you with plates and with a set of screws.

This is one of the things that annoyed me with Lexus Cheltenham. The service isn't as good as the dealers up North. 

Didn't even get any little trinkets for buying from them. Lexus Chester,  Bradford and Stockport have all given me either a bottle of champagne (I don't drink) or a bunch of flowers for my wife etc. 

It's not about getting something but about the service and I don't think they match the best of Lexus Dealers. It's not a surprise Chester, Bradford and Stockport ate amongst the top in customer service ratings amongst Lexus dealers  

I believe Stoke is up there as well.

Regardless, did you manage to check the history on the portal and find out about the tints?

Yes Lexus Stoke give a first class service, I can highly recommend them. I got my car from Lexus Bristol, endless list of failures 😢

5 minutes ago, olliesgrandad said:

Nothing on the tints but the car had a new battery fitted in May together with a big service and spark plugs. Suspect the battery was changed because the car only did 950 miles in a year. I have done more than that in 10 Days..... 

Odd that the Battery was changed so early though. Having said that, my RX shows Battery change at 0 miles!!

2 minutes ago, Carl1983 said:

Yes Lexus Stoke give a first class service, I can highly recommend them. I got my car from Lexus Bristol, endless list of failures 😢

So are you using Lexus Stoke now? Visited them before but never bought from them so can't fully establish their service but they seemed on the ball when asked about the cars they had. 

As you can imagine, nothing slips past me on these vehicles and I will take a salesman/service engineer down if I hear nonsense. Has happened on 2 occasion's, one at Lexus Edgeware road and another at Lexus Manchester when it was around. It's amazing the rubbish salesmen can spew out if you don't know about the vehicles. 

What happened with Bristol? Last time I contacted them they said they wouldn't negotiate on a car which was on the higher end of the price bracket anyway.

My last Mercedes (E250 cdi cabriolet) wouldn't go into stop /start mode when I bought it. Dealer found that the 2nd Battery  which powers the stop start system had a broken terminal stopping it from functioning. Once replaced all was good.