Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Professional Detail

Hi

I purchased a black IS 300h F Sport in April. It's covered just 40k miles but I've never been happy with the paint work. Swirls in the sun and lots of minor scratches. Anyway to cut a long story short I went to a local detailing company and thought I'd share the pics with you. They had the car for a day and a half. They clay bared the car first, then set about the enhancement. To finish they used a sealant, and did the wheels also. They only charged me £180 and Im sure you will agree it's an amazing job. The last pic shows you a 50/50 shot on the boot lid as they were carrying out the work.

IMG_4714.JPG

IMG_4715.JPG

IMG_4716.JPG

IMG_4717.JPG

IMG_4718.JPG

IMG_4719.JPG

IMG_4720.JPG

IMG_4721.JPG

IMG_4722.JPG

IMG_4723.JPG

IMG_4724.JPG

IMG_4725.JPG

IMG_4726.JPG

IMG_4727.JPG

IMG_4728.JPG

IMG_4729.JPG

IMG_4697.PNG

• Like 8

Your lexus looks absolutely stunning😀

I used to have a black lexus is and no matter what products I used and how much polishing /waxing I did I could never get it as good as yours.

Money well spent I say. 😀

• Like 2

Nice work - although with the soft paint its sure to become like it was in another 6 months!

I think the PPF on the rear doors needs removing - it detracts from the rest of the car as it seems like its dulled!

13 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Nice work - although with the soft paint its sure to become like it was in another 6 months!

I think the PPF on the rear doors needs removing - it detracts from the rest of the car as it seems like its dulled!

Hi

id prefer to have that on the doors than a load of stone chips. The company I went to make all there own professional products and they have advised with the correct washing techniques the car will remain as it is now. I use the 2 bucket method with grit guards. I think use magifoam pre wash which gets rid of all the dirt on the paint before I even touch the car. I don't use a sponge as these are bad for swirls, I use a professional mitt. Afterwards to dry I use a drying towel not a shammy as again these make swirls of you arnt careful. To finish off I use a liquid gloss sealant. Yes it's a long process but wow it's worth it and will look like this for years. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Your lexus looks absolutely stunning😀

I used to have a black lexus is and no matter what products I used and how much polishing /waxing I did I could never get it as good as yours.

Money well spent I say. 😀

Thanks Rebecca and I agree they do look stunning in black. The company I use make al there own professional products and they are absolutely amazing. My washing technique now take s a while but it will keep it looking like this for years. I use a liquid gloss sealant afterwards, everyone comments on how amazing it looks .

3 hours ago, Farqui said:

Wow, a clean black car is hard to beat and yours looks great.

Who did the detailing and do you know what products they used?

Hi

i live in Stoke on trent. I used a company called auto brite direct. They make all there own products including polishers etc. There products are all used by prefessionals, they have so many to choose from it's crazy. Worth every penny though. They will also teach you how to clean a car properly, it's certainly opened my eyes but everyone comments how well the car looks .

• Like 2

Nice result, car looks amazing!!! I had my XF detailed at Auto Detox in Tamworth. Think it cost me £200 and although expensive no doubt, the results were amazing. Cleaning the car was so much easier after and water just beaded off anyway. If I keep my NX I'm going to get that done too. I too now use the two bucket method and use a pre-wash foam to lift the dirt and use microfibre towels to dry the car. I always scoffed at people doing this but I can now see it does work and keeps swirls to a minimum, something I have to do with my car which is a dark metallic blue. It felt awkward when I first started doing it but it's now second nature. Awesome result Carl, your car looks amazing.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

Nice result, car looks amazing!!! I had my XF detailed at Auto Detox in Tamworth. Think it cost me £200 and although expensive no doubt, the results were amazing. Cleaning the car was so much easier after and water just beaded off anyway. If I keep my NX I'm going to get that done too. I too now use the two bucket method and use a pre-wash foam to lift the dirt and use microfibre towels to dry the car. I always scoffed at people doing this but I can now see it does work and keeps swirls to a minimum, something I have to do with my car which is a dark metallic blue. It felt awkward when I first started doing it but it's now second nature. Awesome result Carl, your car looks amazing.

Hi

thanks for the nice comment, I'm very very pleased, it was done about 4 weeks ago now. You are right about the new washing regime, it was weird at first but now like you say it's the norm and so worth while. I cringe now when I see people using one bucket, sponge, and now pre wash foam. 

Cheers

carl

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Carl1983 said:

Hi

id prefer to have that on the doors than a load of stone chips. The company I went to make all there own professional products and they have advised with the correct washing techniques the car will remain as it is now. I use the 2 bucket method with grit guards. I think use magifoam pre wash which gets rid of all the dirt on the paint before I even touch the car. I don't use a sponge as these are bad for swirls, I use a professional mitt. Afterwards to dry I use a drying towel not a shammy as again these make swirls of you arnt careful. To finish off I use a liquid gloss sealant. Yes it's a long process but wow it's worth it and will look like this for years. 

You're more likely to get a stone chip on the front bumper than one on the side of the door in that 20 x 10 cm section. I took the ones off the wife's car - been off for 2 years now and has no issues.

Ah yes Autobrite - they're products are OK but much better products out there.

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

You're more likely to get a stone chip on the front bumper than one on the side of the door in that 20 x 10 cm section. I took the ones off the wife's car - been off for 2 years now and has no issues.

Ah yes Autobrite - they're products are OK but much better products out there.

lol nah, you can see marks on the protectors where stones have hit them so they are staying. 

Also I never said auto brite were the best but from what I've used over the years, they are giving me the best results currently and I've used a hell of a lot of products. She will look mint for years now 😉

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Carl1983 said:

lol nah, you can see marks on the protectors where stones have hit them so they are staying. 

Also I never said auto brite were the best but from what I've used over the years, they are giving me the best results currently and I've used a hell of a lot of products. She will look mint for years now 😉

I'd believe you if you told me you used a ceramic coating and not a sealant - it'll come off in a few months and won't really protect from scratches

47 minutes ago, rayaans said:

I'd believe you if you told me you used a ceramic coating and not a sealant - it'll come off in a few months and won't really protect from scratches

Ok, at the end of the day I've just come on here to share my result and for anyone out there not too happy with the paint work it's a great fix. So far you've told me to remove my chip guard, said the products are just ok better out there, told me it will be back to how it was in 6 months, anyone would think you can't be happy for me. We bought my wife's  brand new its black also and nearly 2 years on looks brill. I'm very strict with my cleaning technic so I'm confident it will stay in great condition now it's in my ownership 

cheers

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Carl1983 said:

Ok, at the end of the day I've just come on here to share my result and for anyone out there not too happy with the paint work it's a great fix. So far you've told me to remove my chip guard, said the products are just ok better out there, told me it will be back to how it was in 6 months, anyone would think you can't be happy for me. We bought my wife's  brand new its black also and nearly 2 years on looks brill. I'm very strict with my cleaning technic so I'm confident it will stay in great condition now it's in my ownership 

cheers

At the end of the day mate, you're happy, you've not spent a fortune, and your car looks great, that's all that matters.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Carl1983 said:

cheers

Well if you want to play like that -

1) Read my comment - I said "I think the PPF needs removing" - usually when someone says "I think" it usually means that its their opinion. Nobody said you had to do it.

2) Autobrite products are OK, there are better out there. Again my opinion but many people agree with me. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to do some research and find out.

3) It will be back in 6 months - I've been doing this a while - you would think I know what I'm talking about - its not a case of stopping swirls from happening, its about reducing the likelihood of it getting worse.

4) Spell technique properly - its annoying.

5) I also said nice work in my original post, which it is, but that doesn't mean it wont come back. I've owned these cars for over 12 years now and I know that the Black paint, particularly Velvet black is extremely soft and will be scratched just by running a microfiber cloth over it.

6) Someone's been telling porkies because they don't make their own products - there are many suppliers behind what's in the bottles. I suggest you speak to Mark at Autobrite to confirm if you're really interested though!

"A little learning is a dangerous thing....."

P.S if you want to share results of detailing, don't clog up the IS forum and stick it in the detailing forum - the number of posts I've reported this week for being in irrelevant sections is unbelievable. 

Thank you, have a good day!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Well if you want to play like that -

1) Read my comment - I said "I think the PPF needs removing" - usually when someone says "I think" it usually means that its their opinion. Nobody said you had to do it.

2) Autobrite products are OK, there are better out there. Again my opinion but many people agree with me. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to do some research and find out.

3) It will be back in 6 months - I've been doing this a while - you would think I know what I'm talking about - its not a case of stopping swirls from happening, its about reducing the likelihood of it getting worse.

4) Spell technique properly - its annoying.

5) I also said nice work in my original post, which it is, but that doesn't mean it wont come back. I've owned these cars for over 12 years now and I know that the Black paint, particularly Velvet black is extremely soft and will be scratched just by running a microfiber cloth over it.

6) Someone's been telling porkies because they don't make their own products - there are many suppliers behind what's in the bottles. I suggest you speak to Mark at Autobrite to confirm if you're really interested though!

"A little learning is a dangerous thing....."

P.S if you want to share results of detailing, don't clog up the IS forum and stick it in the detailing forum - the number of posts I've reported this week for being in irrelevant sections is unbelievable. 

Thank you, have a good day!

Thanks for the feedback, I've spoken to mark and the team numerous times and myself been detailing for years. 

Feel free to report this post if you feel it's not relevant, I wasn't aware of this.

cheers

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carl1983 said:

Thanks for the feedback, I've spoken to mark and the team numerous times and myself been detailing for years. 

Feel free to report this post if you feel it's not relevant, I wasn't aware of this.

cheers

I am only here to educate. 

It annoys the hell out of me when wrong information is passed on. 

Much of what Mark gets is in bulk containers, 250L etc and its decanted into their own bottles much like other companies.

For example, Autoglym don't make their own products either. Neither do Autofinesse. 

In fact, its very rare to come across a company who do make their own products

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, rayaans said:

I am only here to educate. 

It annoys the hell out of me when wrong information is passed on. 

Much of what Mark gets is in bulk containers, 250L etc and its decanted into their own bottles much like other companies.

For example, Autoglym don't make their own products either. Neither do Autofinesse. 

In fact, its very rare to come across a company who do make their own products

I knew Mark bottled the products but I just presumed he made them, I was never told this. Anyway you live and learn.

one things for sure, I ain't posting on here again

cheers

2 hours ago, Carl1983 said:

I knew Mark bottled the products but I just presumed he made them, I was never told this. Anyway you live and learn.

one things for sure, I ain't posting on here again

cheers

That's fine by me. No reason to get bum hurt over these things now is there?