Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Professional Detail

4 minutes ago, rayaans said:

That's fine by me. No reason to get bum hurt over these things now is there?

It's more I can't be bothered speaking to someone who thinks he knows everything and is "educating" me. 

steady there boys ,the car looks great, period, your pleased with it . it looks fine to me ,so lets stay nice and friendly .

this is an informative sight and lets not start getting shirty .everyones opinion counts, some are more informed than others share your knowledge to the rest of us mortals .

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Carl1983 said:

It's more I can't be bothered speaking to someone who thinks he knows everything and is "educating" me. 

Look, if it's to do with cars or detailing, I know 90% what there is to know so don't give me that "thinks he knows everything" malarkey

Go have a drink

This thread started out in a friendly manner and then suddenly went into a nasty downward trend. We pride ourselves that this is a friendly forum and 99.99999% it is. We are all rightly welcome to our ideas and if you dont like what I use or my ideas then yes say so but in a friendly manner.

Lets play friendly and if it isnt stopped I will lock the thread. 

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Well here we are 6 months on, very strict washing routine and my IS is still looking as crisp as when I picked it up from autobrite. Happy to share my routine with others should you want to know.

20171222_135115.jpg

20171222_141442.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Carl1983 said:

Thanks Rebecca, I spend a lot of time and money detailing luckily it's something I enjoy 

Feel free to come round and do mine at any time 😀

11 hours ago, Carl1983 said:

Well here we are 6 months on, very strict washing routine and my IS is still looking as crisp as when I picked it up from autobrite. Happy to share my routine with others should you want to know.

20171222_135115.jpg

20171222_141442.jpg

Go on Carl, I'd like to know your full routine because that looks amazing!

• Like 1

Ok here it goes

1) use pressure washer to remove the thick 

2) spray on citrus wash and allow 10 mins to loosen grime

3) rinse 

3) magi foam with foam lance again allow 10 mins to work

4) rinse 

5) wash using the 2 bucket method with grit guards. Use 2 professional mitts not sponges, one for upper half and one for lower.

6) rinse 

7) reaper drying towel to dry off the car, don't use a leather as again these scratch. 

8) apply a wet wax only takes around 15 mins to do the car 

9) finally apply p64 gloss enhancer.  

These are just the steps for the paint work, obviously I do my wheels etc also. 

Any other questions give me a shout. 

Cheers

Carl