Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Haywood and scott

9 minutes ago, DAW said:

Thanks Kieron thats really helpful.

Was only interested in the x pipe as I thought it helped prevent any droning.  My interest in changing the exhaust is purely for the sound.

I'm also hoping I will be able to get it done sooner rather than later :biggrin:

@DAW Come on guys stop all this talk about burbling V8's I've got all the resistance to these things as tearing a wet paper bag is difficult.  It is not helping working so close to Lexus Bristol at the moment and they keep moving that bloody black is-F around the lot.

And @kieron1977 a YouTube clip would be nice...... for those interested of course 😏

Big Rat

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@DAW Come on guys stop all this talk about burbling V8's I've got all the resistance to these things as tearing a wet paper bag is difficult.  It is not helping working so close to Lexus Bristol at the moment and they keep moving that bloody black is-F around the lot.

And @kieron1977 a YouTube clip would be nice...... for those interested of course 😏

Big Rat

Resistance is futile just give in 😳😉

• Like 1

Having heard the exhaust sounds on the standard ISFs on the Welsh blat, though a lovely v8 note, I do like the extra beefiness that my aftermarket Borla exhaust emanates especially above the magic 3500 rpm number...very addictive indeed! Of course, there are other less costly options, but anyone that's thinking of it I'd say go for it! I use mine as a daily drive and boy it helps make typically boring journeys a tad more enjoyable..well worth the £££!

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Dar said:

Having heard the exhaust sounds on the standard ISFs on the Welsh blat, though a lovely v8 note, I do like the extra beefiness that my aftermarket Borla exhaust emanates especially above the magic 3500 rpm number...very addictive indeed! Of course, there are other less costly options, but anyone that's thinking of it I'd say go for it! I use mine as a daily drive and boy it helps make typically boring journeys a tad more enjoyable..well worth the £££!

@Dar How are you matey I'd forgotten yours has extra noise and poise, is yours an axle back set up ?

Big Rat

Hey @Big Rat! all well mate! How are things? It's the full cat back setup. The tips are stock though. I purchased it with the Borla exhaust already installed. I've been lazy and I've only added a subtle rear diffuser in 2yrs or so ownership.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dar said:

Hey @Big Rat! all well mate! How are things? It's the full cat back setup. The tips are stock though. I purchased it with the Borla exhaust already installed. I've been lazy and I've only added a subtle rear diffuser in 2yrs or so ownership.

@Dar We're good thanks, be good if you could make it to Kemble or perhaps the pub meet that @Rebecca is organising.

I know we are all on the wrong side of the world for you, need to look at organising something more central 👍

Big Rat

• Like 1

Here is a little vid clip of the exhaust, 

Really hard for the phone speakers to pick the sound up properly.

Im off to france tomorrow And where i have a house its just country roads so ill try and get some better vids.

• Like 6

Doesn't matter what it costs. Don't bankrupt yourself, obviously, but If it's affordable (to you) and worth it (to you), do it! Life's too short!

...and post a video up here! I think they look and sound cracking! 

• Like 3

Reminds me, must do some new videos of mine now I have the PPE headers and tuned intake/remap from RR-Racing installed. :cool:

Don't think you can really beat it in terms of the sound etc.

I'll try and get something recorded soon! :thumbsup:

• Like 4

Hi Matt hope you & yours are well.

I know it's got to be done, resistance is futile & all that. 

Shame I've gone & changed our other car last month - bugger 😉

Hoping to get round to it sooner rather than later.

David

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, DAW said:

Hi Matt hope you & yours are well.

I know it's got to be done, resistance is futile & all that. 

Shame I've gone & changed our other car last month - bugger 😉

Hoping to get round to it sooner rather than later.

David

All good David thanks, hope you are too, only gently nudging you in the exhaust direction! I'm confident you'll get it done. :whip:

Not really sure how my mark Levinson system sounds as it's always off whilst I listen to the car.

still enjoying every drive, 

all the best, matt

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Mattmech said:

All good David thanks, hope you are too, only gently nudging you in the exhaust direction! I'm confident you'll get it done. :whip:

Not really sure how my mark Levinson system sounds as it's always off whilst I listen to the car.

still enjoying every drive, 

all the best, matt

@Mattmech This is torture, all this H&S talk some of us have all the resistance of a wet paper bag 🙁

Big Rat

• Like 2