Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

SC430 project

Neil E

2 hours ago, Farqui said:

Well found, I do like a cross model parts swap emoji106.png

Yeah, I read it was possible some time ago. Upgraded the front ARB to a Vertex/GS430 and that firmed up the front with the MeisteR coil-overs but the back end has always been a bit soft. It's difficult to measure or quantify any improvement but I've convinced myself that it feels more assured at the back end now and better balanced overall. Nice easy upgrade if you can acquire the parts.

• 1 year later...

Just a few minor updates as I haven't posted here for a while.

New wheels, extended rear spoiler, newer head unit, Sprint-Booster, paintwork re-fresh where required. Otherwise nothing too radical apart from the OBD/Ipad install which got a mention in another thread. I did try to sell it a while ago but it's a bit too much of a scary proposition for most sane folk so I've carried on with a few more minor tweaks and changes. 

60049.thumb.jpg.3e7fcba3e8524c0ea61c15edcf98305c.jpg60083jpg.thumb.jpg.7f905737892c49119f46b50ef1703818.jpg60081.thumb.jpg.3d00b45bc2ee1f5d9f7e9c481a37c0be.jpg80084.thumb.jpg.0a0145ad4b3c625ba7e6caa2ad12dd4d.jpg80085.thumb.jpg.ee7c1367ac89f1a1a071fe53f3be9d02.jpg60028.thumb.jpg.d258277ba9372b79a6206b9e3d948696.jpg

I like the addition of the Ipad and the OBD2 info in real time so the next task is to improve the quality of the screen surround. 

• Like 3

That looks simply superb!  I can manage most mechanical jobs but electrical, no!  I'd love to upgrade my screen for something that would work with an android phone but I simply wouldn't have a clue!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

That looks simply superb!  I can manage most mechanical jobs but electrical, no!  I'd love to upgrade my screen for something that would work with an android phone but I simply wouldn't have a clue!

The flight deck of Concorde ?

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

The flight deck of Concorde ?

Anything to do with flying is also not on my list of achievable things, last week I flew my little drone in Cornwall, it's still there buried somewhere in the undergrowth waiting for a future Tony Robinson and his team to find it!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

Anything to do with flying is also not on my list of achievable things, last week I flew my little drone in Cornwall, it's still there buried somewhere in the undergrowth waiting for a future Tony Robinson and his team to find it!

Now, had one switched on autopilot ?

• Haha 2

Thanks guys it really is a bit OTT but it's a car to have fun in and to experiment with so that's the spirit of the thing. 

Phil, as the captain of a Celsior, I think you have earned your wings. 

25 minutes ago, Neil E said:

Thanks guys it really is a bit OTT but it's a car to have fun in and to experiment with so that's the spirit of the thing. 

Phil, as the captain of a Celsior, I think you have earned your wings. 

Thanks for the honourary wings but having seen your car in the flesh you can be captain and I'll accept copilot!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, rob_clio172 said:

Looking good, ipad is a great idea and would save alot of money on gauges!  

It needs a revision to tidy it up but it is quite versatile and a good bit of fun to mess with.

On 9/28/2020 at 9:53 PM, The-Acre said:

Thanks for the honourary wings but having seen your car in the flesh you can be captain and I'll accept copilot!

Phil, any time you think it's okay, you're feeling brave enough (in either seat) give me a shout and I will head South. A sunny day would be best. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sussex South Coast mini meet this afternoon for a leisurely SC430 demo. 

Needless to say I was more interested in Phil's immaculate Celsior but we took the SC for a short trip along the A27.

60097.thumb.jpg.64dd852f3f7c5b69fd8328d840d72dfa.jpg

@The-Acre This might interest you. Check with Nengun https://www.nengun.com/

I think the type 2 is for the 3UZ. 

HKSSLD.jpg

https://www.beatsonicusa.com/stereo/stereo-installation-kits/toyota-lexus/ls-430/beat-sonic-sla-23afb.html

https://www.caraudioexpress.co.uk/beat-sonic-mva-23l

The LS430 adaptor is the Beat-Sonic MVA-23L but there are different versions so it needs to be checked with Beat-Sonic that it's the same for the Celsior as there will be a subtle difference or two in the wiring.

Metra option again from the US but I think there are some UK distributors.

• Like 1

60095.thumb.jpg.5080842767bf346733e2f0dc4b7d1981.jpg60096.thumb.jpg.2f3d6659365ec5d086aaa8802f084b0b.jpg

2 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Thanks for the info Neil, much appreciated.  Thanks also for my first SC experience, obviously I'm smitten now!  That's a fine and unique steed you have there.

Thanks Phil, good to see you again. Seeing such a nice Celsior has got me searching LS 460/600 adverts. An 5.0 LSF would suit me perfectly but still can't seem to find one.🤣

• Like 2

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Two beauties. Glad you boys had a great time.

Yes and we were very well behaved, no doughnuts or loud music, no high speed drifting or anything antisocial.🙂

8 minutes ago, Neil E said:

Yes and we were very well behaved, no doughnuts or loud music, no high speed drifting or anything antisocial.🙂

Oh yes? And remind me of the speed you got up to in yours! Although an online confession could be unwise!

17 hours ago, Neil E said:

60095.thumb.jpg.5080842767bf346733e2f0dc4b7d1981.jpg60096.thumb.jpg.2f3d6659365ec5d086aaa8802f084b0b.jpg

Thanks Phil, good to see you again. Seeing such a nice Celsior has got me searching LS 460/600 adverts. An 5.0 LSF would suit me perfectly but still can't seem to find one.🤣

Really miss car meets.... well normal csr meets without all this lot going on. Hopefully get out to some next year in the IS300 and finally see some of these cars in the flesh

• Like 1