Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Great thread! I’ve been looking for the 2450 tagged batteries but I’m coming short on eBay. Phoenix Power Equipment seems to have gone out of business. I’ve come across this company-

http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/sbc_tagged_lithium_coincell_catalogue.htm

Can anyone tell me the catalogue number of the Battery I need? 

If anyone can suggest anywhere else I can order the batteries from then even better. 

Leigh

14 hours ago, Leigh2000 said:

Great thread! I’ve been looking for the 2450 tagged batteries but I’m coming short on eBay. Phoenix Power Equipment seems to have gone out of business. I’ve come across this company-

http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/sbc_tagged_lithium_coincell_catalogue.htm

Can anyone tell me the catalogue number of the battery I need? 

If anyone can suggest anywhere else I can order the batteries from then even better. 

Leigh

The CR2450 PCN2 would suit the TPMS modules the best for fitting purposes. Some companies do a tagging service (fitting tags to standard cells) if you ask. 
Those batteries are a little expensive "but still cheep compared with new TPMS units" as I paid less than that for 5 batteries.

If you scroll down to the bottom of your link they do a product called wire glue. This would enable you to fit tags to your own batteries or "glue" the original tags to new batteries bought at a cheaper price, and readily available from other suppliers, and no soldering would be required.

John.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 6:43 PM, Britprius said:

After playing with Techstream on the TPMS I have found it is possible to look at the condition of the wheel sensor batteries.

On the data screen the only information concerning the batteries is the words upper or lower.

Going into the bar indicator graphs a green bar shows how much life is left in each battery. The rear units on my car are full, and 90% "the full one being the temporary battery I fitted. The two fronts are showing only about 5% life left. Good job I ordered five batteries.

The new Lion batteries I have tested read around 3.8 volts. The battery I removed when the sensor stopped transmitting read 2.8 volts.

You can also see the actual tyre pressure in psi or bar, and the tyre temperature in C or F.

John

Hi John, not for this thread but may be you can guide me - I am looking for  Techstream thing and not sure which one to buy, I have a laptop but do not have a CD drive as looks like most of the Techstream come with CD.

Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks

Vlady

If you have no Cd drive  maybe you could get a friend that does to transfer the files onto a USB memory stick, and transfer the files via your USB port. Or they could even be sent by blue tooth.

If your laptop is running a Windows 64 bit program make sure the version of Techstream you buy supports this. If your laptop runs a Windows 32 bit program whatever you chose will work.

I hope this helps.

John.

2 hours ago, Vlady said:

Hi John, not for this thread but may be you can guide me - I am looking for  Techstream thing and not sure which one to buy, I have a laptop but do not have a CD drive as looks like most of the Techstream come with CD.

Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks

Vlady

3 hours ago, Vlady said:

I have a laptop but do not have a CD drive

You could do as John said and get a friend to do a USB drive or transfer files by Bluetooth, or you can buy an external optical drive for about twenty quid and then you have it for future use too.

Many thanks guys, I didn't know you can get it on USB, I can then download it to my computer at work and then USB and my laptop, just need to check the OS system I have.

Thank you!

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:39 PM, Britprius said:

If you have no Cd drive  maybe you could get a friend that does to transfer the files onto a USB memory stick, and transfer the files via your USB port. Or they could even be sent by blue tooth.

If your laptop is running a Windows 64 bit program make sure the version of Techstream you buy supports this. If your laptop runs a Windows 32 bit program whatever you chose will work.

I hope this helps.

John.

I have Windows 10 Home with 64-bit, the link NemesisUK provided supports only 32-bit.

So, I need to download the software 1st and then buy a OBD cable or can it be done as one, I mean can I buy an OBD cable that has the latest software on a cd that is suitable for Windows 10 with 64-bit?

Thanks everyone.

17 minutes ago, Vlady said:

I have Windows 10 Home with 64-bit, the link NemesisUK provided supports only 32-bit.

So, I need to download the software 1st and then buy a OBD cable or can it be done as one, I mean can I buy an ODB cable that has the latest software on a cd that is suitable for Windows 10 with 64-bit?

Thanks everyone.

32-bit apps should run without issue on a 64-bit OS as Windows will run a 32-bit emulator, the app doesn't know any different.

Worth a try, it's free!

• Thanks 1

Techstream itself does run OK on 64bit Windows but the drivers for the interface cable don't install properly. You have to do a manual install for most MiniVCI drivers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Vlady said:

So, I need to download the software 1st and then buy a OBD cable or can it be done as one

It can be done as one but it'll be a pirate copy of Techstream. Almost all MiniVCI cables listed on eBay/Amazon will come with a pirate copy of Techstream on CD but it'll be a matter for your own conscience as to whether you use it or not. The correct way would be to download Techstream from Toyota, legally and free of charge to download and install, but then you have to buy a block of time to use it.

Either way and whatever you choose, you'll need to buy a miniVCI cable anyway and as I said above, they're available from eBay/Amazon.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Vlady said:

So, I need to download the software 1st and then buy a OBD cable or can it be done as one, I mean can I buy an ODB cable that has the latest software on a cd that is suitable for Windows 10 with 64-bit?

Thanks everyone.

In answer to your question it is better to buy a Mini VCI with a CD suitable drivers for 64 bit operating systems. You can use the 32 bit version but it is a bit of a hassle to get it to load on a 64 bit system. 

Do not let the problematic sounding difficulties put you off. Once up and running Techstream does everything, and more than you can imagine. If it saves one trip to the dealer it will have paid for it's self ten times over.

John. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/18/2017 at 12:14 PM, Britprius said:

The seal kits are available on Ebay for about £6 each.

John

Hi John

Any chance you could give a link to a seal kit that was would be suitable? I’ve had a look but I’m not completely sure what I’m looking for. 

12 hours ago, Leigh2000 said:

Hi John

Any chance you could give a link to a seal kit that was would be suitable? I’ve had a look but I’m not completely sure what I’m looking for. 

Leigh.
Try eBay item number 332285774538 this is a pack of 4 for £8. There will be parts you do not need, and they are labeled for BMW, but this makes no difference.
Alternatively you can use item number. 252719828473 at £5 for one, and these are listed as Mazda.

John.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Malachy said:

So do you need tagged batteries?

It is not imperative that you use tagged batteries, but it is desirable as the tags can be soldered to the connections in the monitors.You can just fit the replacement cell in the monitor and rely on the surface contact as the electrical current draw is minimal.
Another alternative is to use the conductive glue to connect standard cell in the monitors. This is listed in the link below.

John.

• Thanks 1

Thanks John I ordered them yesterday along with a few for the Key fob too! I got the error on mine but I played around with both buttons under the dash and it cleared but will probably come back. 

• 4 weeks later...

My recently purchased GS450h has the red triangle and tyre pressyre warning light on along with the Check System sign in the centre dial. All my tyre pressures have been checked and all are pumped up to the correct level.

If i am reading this correctly, am i right in saying i can solve my issue by changing all the batteries on the sensors? Apologies if it sounds silly as i am very new to all this.

6 hours ago, acepower84 said:

My recently purchased GS450h has the red triangle and tyre pressyre warning light on along with the Check System sign in the centre dial. All my tyre pressures have been checked and all are pumped up to the correct level.

If i am reading this correctly, am i right in saying i can solve my issue by changing all the batteries on the sensors? Apologies if it sounds silly as i am very new to all this.

Hi Altaf, even if it is the Battery you still need to take sensors out of the wheel. 

Was there any sensor changed recently? When I bought my car, the garage changed 3 rear tires and one rear sensor and I ended up with TPMS tringle on dashboard, apparently they didn't program it well so I had to go to Lexus!

• Thanks 1

Initially I think the best thing for you to do is go to Kwikfit. They have a scanner and will just walk round each wheel to see if the sensor is transmitting. If any are not, they will remove them and give them to you (my local one did this for free, but they may charge you £15 per wheel) and then you can go through the process of refurbing them yourself. Or you can pick a reasonably cheap set off of eBay, but make sure that you buy sensors which transmit at 433mhz. The 315mhz are not compatible (or so I'm LED to believe). As you mention, there is a thread on here on how to refurb them and there's a YouTube video as well.

If they're still transmitting, then it's a matter of resetting the system. There's a button in a hard-to-reach place under the dashboard and a process for doing this which you can read up on from this forum if you search for TPMS related threads.

As you've just bought the car it may be that the last owner had this issue and couldn't be bothered to rectify it. In this case, he probably did a Battery reset to clear the code so that the warning light disappeared for as long as it took to sell you the car (the transmitters only communicate with the ECU once every 7/8 hours, so it takes a while for the warnings to appear. They gut I bought mine off pulled this with me). In this case, you may need to reprogram the sensors. This involves getting at them and noting down the code number from each one (i.e not the code for OS rear sensor, nsf sensor etc), and programming them through techstream (Toyota software). A garage with the software (roll up and ask if they have techstream) can do this for you or you can download the software yourself. It's not easy to get it to run though, as you need the right equipment. 

Hope that helps. All the info is already on the forum but I appreciate that for someone not technically minded (like myself as well), it takes time to learn these things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Vlady said:

Hi Altaf, even if it is the battery you still need to take sensors out of the wheel. 

Was there any sensor changed recently? When I bought my car, the garage changed 3 rear tires and one rear sensor and I ended up with TPMS tringle on dashboard, apparently they didn't program it well so I had to go to Lexus!

I was not told by the garage of any sensor changes apart from that the warning light was on so they put air in the tyres.

Thank you for replying back, i will have it checked out later this week.

• Like 1