Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450 Gen 3 - A52 Grantham 16 July

Glover

I was flashed by a RX450 3rd gen facelift at approx. 12.30 last Sunday close to bridge over the A1. Reg number began with SIL.  Lovely gesture; thanks.  I was driving pre-facelift grey RX450h heading towards Grantham

It's called the lexus nod. Every day on my way to work travelling along the A34 heading towards walsall I pass another lexus is250 travelling in the opposite direction and we always flash our lights and wave with a smile.

Many times I've passed a lexus travelling in the opposite direction and exchanged a flash and a nod.

You don't get that in a bmw or mercedes. 

Experienced this recently myself when the driver of a goldish-bronze coloured IS250 SE-L waved at me in Polmont. It was the first time I had seen one in that colour and it looked very nice. :smile:

I'll certainly be doing the Lexus nod in future:-)  I think as with all cars once you've got one you look out for others but I didn't know about the nod. 

With Lexus being less common on UK roads I tend to look for Lexus rather than a specific model and almost always see at least one even on short journeys.  Usually CT, IS, RX or NX; less often GS and very rarely LS or RC.