Recommended Posts

So a few might remember but I've been on the hunt for an IS-F for a little while and finally put a deposit down on one yesterday and will be collecting tomorrow!

I'm literally like a child waiting for Christmas!

If anyone is around the Sussex/Kent area and wants to go out drive sometime, do let me know. The Lewes tunnel is always fun!

20170718_202503.thumb.jpg.7ef0cc1a6a99f75c62deca610316e99d.jpg

 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

@Wellsey Well done Ricky hullo to you she looks great, some will come on say things like blue is the fastest blah blah blah.....

They are all good 😊 

Hooe to meet you both some time enjoy 👍

Big Rat

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Wellsey said:

So a few might remember but I've been on the hunt for an IS-F for a little while and finally put a deposit down on one yesterday and will be collecting tomorrow!

I'm literally like a child waiting for Christmas!

If anyone is around the Sussex/Kent area and wants to go out drive sometime, do let me know. The Lewes tunnel is always fun!

20170718_202503.thumb.jpg.7ef0cc1a6a99f75c62deca610316e99d.jpg

 

@Wellsey I see that she's very low miles as well 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooo happy with it Paul. Glad I waited for the right one to come along. She's got FLSH, only 2 owners with 32K on the clock. Planning on keeping her for the next 3/5 years so mileage was a biggie to me. 

Quick Q, do you think the extended warranty and service packages from Lexus are worth it? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Wellsey As always patient pays off, there are very very few inherent problems with these cars which for just adds to the joy, they rarely go wrong but as always with 60k performance cars parts are expensive.

One area to check is the water pump, they weep they do not fail as such but it's worth checking to see if it has been done needs changing it is covered by Lexus warranty.

If it isn't it's about £400.00 to get them to do it.

Ive had my car 18mts it's a 59 plate and like yours had done 30k when I bought now on 42 I love it hadn't cost me a penny apart from servicing, I got the car from Lexus along with a 3 year warranty I didn't go with the service/mot package at that time as they were not for me, the warranty well for me as good as they are I will not run these vehicles without one.

But of course it's down to personal choice you can buy 2 years for I think it's £895.00 I could be wrong.

They really are a car that I feel gets under your skin I've had over 40 performance cars over the years and have never kept a motor this long.

Big Rat

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice looking motor you got there; I am not jealous at all. :smile:

I have just renewed my extended warranty, so I think you know what opinion is going to be. :smile:

It is indeed £895 for 2 years.  When you factor in the top level AA cover that is also comes with, I would say it is definitely worth it.

Although, like Paul says, they do seem quite reliable.  After all, the warranty for the ISF costs the same as the regular IS, so they don't go wrong very often!  Having said that, it wouldn't take much for you to get your moneys worth.  I have also found that little things that you would probably not bother with can be sorted without much fuss.  For example, I have a slight clicking sound coming out of the back of my drivers seat.  My car was in for some other work recently, so I thought I might as well ask them to have a look for me.  I am getting a new rear seat frame fitted in a few weeks at no charge. :smile:  It is only taking that long because they had to order it from Japan!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice one, this is a friend of a friends car, it's a nice one. Enjoy 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, emjay82 said:

Nice one, this is a friend of a friends car, it's a nice one. Enjoy 

@emjay82 Ah yes I remember this from a thread some time ago think there are some pics somewhere.

🐀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Nice looking motor you got there; I am not jealous at all. :smile:

I have just renewed my extended warranty, so I think you know what opinion is going to be. :smile:

It is indeed £895 for 2 years.  When you factor in the top level AA cover that is also comes with, I would say it is definitely worth it.

Although, like Paul says, they do seem quite reliable.  After all, the warranty for the ISF costs the same as the regular IS, so they don't go wrong very often!  Having said that, it wouldn't take much for you to get your moneys worth.  I have also found that little things that you would probably not bother with can be sorted without much fuss.  For example, I have a slight clicking sound coming out of the back of my drivers seat.  My car was in for some other work recently, so I thought I might as well ask them to have a look for me.  I am getting a new rear seat frame fitted in a few weeks at no charge. :smile:  It is only taking that long because they had to order it from Japan!

@Shahpor Good point about the AA bit forgot about that 👍

🐀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lucky boy Ricky, she's a beauty -especially that colour - enjoy!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My word, you've found a great looking car there.

Well done and enjoy the burble.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@Wellsey As always patient pays off, there are very very few inherent problems with these cars which for just adds to the joy, they rarely go wrong but as always with 60k performance cars parts are expensive.

One area to check is the water pump, they weep they do not fail as such but it's worth checking to see if it has been done needs changing it is covered by Lexus warranty.

If it isn't it's about £400.00 to get them to do it.

Ive had my car 18mts it's a 59 plate and like yours had done 30k when I bought now on 42 I love it hadn't cost me a penny apart from servicing, I got the car from Lexus along with a 3 year warranty I didn't go with the service/mot package at that time as they were not for me, the warranty well for me as good as they are I will not run these vehicles without one.

But of course it's down to personal choice you can buy 2 years for I think it's £895.00 I could be wrong.

They really are a car that I feel gets under your skin I've had over 40 performance cars over the years and have never kept a motor this long.

Big Rat

Yeah the previous owner said that apart from the consumables and servicing, it has needed nothing at all. I'm in the same mind as you, just for the peace of mind.

Well that is high praise indeed. The quickest car I had before this was a Alfa 147 GTA so it's definitely a step up!! 

2 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Nice looking motor you got there; I am not jealous at all. :smile:

I have just renewed my extended warranty, so I think you know what opinion is going to be. :smile:

It is indeed £895 for 2 years.  When you factor in the top level AA cover that is also comes with, I would say it is definitely worth it.

Although, like Paul says, they do seem quite reliable.  After all, the warranty for the ISF costs the same as the regular IS, so they don't go wrong very often!  Having said that, it wouldn't take much for you to get your moneys worth.  I have also found that little things that you would probably not bother with can be sorted without much fuss.  For example, I have a slight clicking sound coming out of the back of my drivers seat.  My car was in for some other work recently, so I thought I might as well ask them to have a look for me.  I am getting a new rear seat frame fitted in a few weeks at no charge. :smile:  It is only taking that long because they had to order it from Japan!

I can't believe its the same price as a regular IS! Just shows how confident they are of their product. I'll definitely get the warranty now and see what kind of deal they can offer on the servicing package.

1 hour ago, emjay82 said:

Nice one, this is a friend of a friends car, it's a nice one. Enjoy 

Oh really! He was great yesterday, completely honest and I know that if he had different driving commitments, he wouldn't want to sell it. Feel very lucky indeed!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alfa 147 GTA you say?  Did yours have a LSD fitted, or did you enjoy understeering off the road? :wink3:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only echo what every one else has said, lovely car :) I had my IS-F for three years and it didn't cost a penny other than servicing and consumables. I still had the warranty for peace of mind though. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, just to add, leaking water pump issues only seemed to be an issue on the earlier cars (2008 and 2009), I think the updated design pump may have been used by the time yours was built.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Corrado said:

Oh, just to add, leaking water pump issues only seemed to be an issue on the earlier cars (2008 and 2009), I think the updated design pump may have been used by the time yours was built.

@Corrado I think you are right about this I've got the chassis number year of manufacturer of the updated ones being fitted which was at the beginning of 2010.

Big Rat

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks an lovely example, very jealous!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Shahpor said:

Alfa 147 GTA you say?  Did yours have a LSD fitted, or did you enjoy understeering off the road? :wink3:

Q2 diff and had the later 330 brakes. It handled surprisingly well!

Just couldn't believe the fuel consumption could be so bad on something with 250HP. I got 180 miles out of a £85 fill up! But then I would drive through the Dartford crossing and everything was forgiven :biggrin:

10 hours ago, Corrado said:

I can only echo what every one else has said, lovely car :) I had my IS-F for three years and it didn't cost a penny other than servicing and consumables. I still had the warranty for peace of mind though. 

Thanks, fingers crossed I get the same happy motoring!

10 hours ago, Corrado said:

Oh, just to add, leaking water pump issues only seemed to be an issue on the earlier cars (2008 and 2009), I think the updated design pump may have been used by the time yours was built.

Cheers for clearing that up. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a fantastic looking car, congrats! I like the optional alloys on your car too, I haven't seen many for sale with those. Would love to see more photos if you are up to posting them :w00t:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great choice, good colour and wheels, I am also in the extended warranty camp, for £895 for 2 years there really is nothing to think about, in my opinion, as @Big Rat has said the water pump issue was on earlier cars, they just need a little more sound releasing I think, and you have plenty options there.

Enjoy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Wellsey said:

Q2 diff and had the later 330 brakes. It handled surprisingly well!

Just couldn't believe the fuel consumption could be so bad on something with 250HP. I got 180 miles out of a £85 fill up! But then I would drive through the Dartford crossing and everything was forgiven :biggrin:

Cool.  Yeah, they weren't so bad once the diff was fitted.

I know what you mean about fuel consumption though.  I had a 156 V6 with a supercharger back in the day and 15mpg is about the best I got. :smile:  Like you say though, the sound more than made up for it :smile: 

Did you ever see the 3.7 GTA that Autodelta did?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations. Lovely colour , great cars. Hope to see you at a few meets 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mark G said:

Great choice, good colour and wheels, I am also in the extended warranty camp, for £895 for 2 years there really is nothing to think about, in my opinion, as @Big Rat has said the water pump issue was on earlier cars, they just need a little more sound releasing I think, and you have plenty options there.

Enjoy.

Definitely agree on the sound front. The induction noise is addictive, just needs more from the rear. She's booked in tomorrow for her inspection for the warranty so hopefully all is hunky-dory. 

18 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Cool.  Yeah, they weren't so bad once the diff was fitted.

I know what you mean about fuel consumption though.  I had a 156 V6 with a supercharger back in the day and 15mpg is about the best I got. :smile:  Like you say though, the sound more than made up for it :smile: 

Did you ever see the 3.7 GTA that Autodelta did?

I did, it was absolutely mental! My dream is to get an old GT Junior from the 60/70's and put a Busso in it.

So here she is home. Just needs a clean and I'll get some more picks taken over the weekend.

20170720_152416.thumb.jpg.03169ea961a2976088ed09044e5f072c.jpg

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks very in keeping with the location! Enjoy every second of Lexus ISF ownership!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.