Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New twin turbo V8 coming?

There are rumors on Facebook that the GSF and LCF will be getting a 4.0 turbo V8 with nearly 600bhp and 500 lb/ft torque. 

How do you feel about it? I think it's overkill in terms of what you can use on the road but I see the appeal. Wouldn't say no if they put it in the IS though 😀

• Like 2

@Rusty Crobar Russ I can just picture you driving your future  GSF twin turbo in my minds eye with me whooping for joy in the passenger seat............ or should that be pooping in the passenger seat 🐀

And here we are 😂

IMG_0476.JPG.36d2ad4b6f2203b899325b51ba27c674.JPG

Big Rat

• Like 2

Havent seen anything about the GSF but I have seen news on the LC500-F, as you say a 4 Litre V8 twin turbo, they had to do it really, everyone is at 500bhp as a minimum with 600bhp looking like becoming the benchmark, rumour is they are using the Nissan GT-R Nismo as the benchmark.

As mentioned already in the LC section, the figures are wrong. A 4.0l twin turbo V8 is going to produce a heck lot more than 500 pound feet of torque.

Lexus have a new 3.5l twin turbo V6 in the LS500 that has 450 pound feet. 

• 1 year later...

If Lexus go forced induction on their halo cars then they should go the yank direction..
Supercharged. Superchargers don't kill the engine sound unlike turbos.
Hence why the German cars have fake sound piped into the cabin thru the speakers.
The German cars should come with an apology for sounding ***** poor....
As for fuel economy, at 100k plus for an lc500 f version,. It's not going to really matter I'd argue if you've spent that kind of money in the first place...

Maybe not as loud as this Shelby but you should get my point... When does a turbo motor sound this viceral ?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

In terms of supercharger - I agree it is better for throttle feel, but as for sound somehow I cannot imagine any Lexus sounding as dirty as that Pony....

I think they would take market by surprise and Germans would be totally unprepared if the next F-cars and LC would get revised 1LR-GUE with maybe 600hp (which is not that far from original 552)...  That is how I can imagine Lexus sounding - "exotic".

Imagine that... 

Couldn't agree more. At the point Lexus downsize engines and add turbos, Lexus loses its identity in that Merc, Audi, BMW, Aston, Alfa are all turbo.
Chris Harris summed up the gsf nicely in his review against the M5

That Shelby does sound epic linas

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links