Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Actual cost of spare key for gs450h

Hi I have also unsuccessfully been down this route but I made it a deal breaker before signing to buy .My IS 250 was bought from a Merc main dealer who thought he could get it done ,with all his contacts he still had to go to Lexus .A plus point is Lexus wipe off all previous key settings and re programme the 2 keys only to your car so maintaining the security

Dave

I used a Leeds based company called AC Auto Locksmiths to get a spare key for my 3GS.

A key, programmed to the car, and key blade cut for £160.

He's mobile, came to my house to do it. Would definitely recommend.

22 minutes ago, olumite said:

I used a Leeds based company called AC Auto Locksmiths to get a spare key for my 3GS.

A key, programmed to the car, and key blade cut for £160.

He's mobile, came to my house to do it. Would definitely recommend.

That is a cracking deal Olu. Thanks for reporting.

35 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Cost me £50 for a spare

£20 to deprogram AC Auto Locksmiths

£45 for Techstream to re program (from ebay)

Total cost £115

(Still to get blade copied at a locksmith)

Still have two spare fobs

You kept all of that quiet Stevie?

• 1 year later...

Hope I'm not OT if I piggyback on this topic, but I'm trying to get the same thing done. I noticed that there are 3 different frequencies for these keys: 314.3 MHz, 312 MHz and 433 MHz. I'm unsure which one is the right one and I should go to a professional locksmith to have my only key read, although I might fear they'll tell me they can't do it unless I get the whole spare key done with them. An engineer I know told me that 433 is the right frequency for EU, while the other two are for the US and Japan. Anybody know which is which?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zurdyo said:

Hope I'm not OT if I piggyback on this topic, but I'm trying to get the same thing done. I noticed that there are 3 different frequencies for these keys: 314.3 MHz, 312 MHz and 433 MHz. I'm unsure which one is the right one and I should go to a professional locksmith to have my only key read, although I might fear they'll tell me they can't do it unless I get the whole spare key done with them. An engineer I know told me that 433 is the right frequency for EU, while the other two are for the US and Japan. Anybody know which is which?

If you read all of this Thread, you might find a solution Ian.

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

If you read all of this Thread, you might find a solution Ian.

Hi Roy, thanks for chipping in. I did read all of the thread and once more after you invited me to do so. I haven't seen anywhere anyone talking about the transmitter frequencies used in EU, US or Japan. Have I missed something?

2 hours ago, zurdyo said:

I googled my 430 key number "Denso 12BZF" and it cam as 433Mhz - so you might be right

5 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

I still have two spare fobs for a GS Mark 3 if anyone wants to do the diy route to reprogram them for a spare.

Interesting. PM'd u. 😊 

5 hours ago, zurdyo said:

Hi Roy, thanks for chipping in. I did read all of the thread and once more after you invited me to do so. I haven't seen anywhere anyone talking about the transmitter frequencies used in EU, US or Japan. Have I missed something?

I was referring to AC auto Locksmiths Ian. Perhaps worth contacting them ?

41 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

I was referring to AC auto Locksmiths Ian. Perhaps worth contacting them ?

I'm in Italy, I'm afraid that wouldn't work for me. I did find a few options: Lexus asks for €630, a local locksmith asks for €350 and a friend thinks he can do the job for free (he has done plenty Toyota fobs, but never Lexus) since he has the sw, as long as I get ahold of the (possibly right) fob. 😄 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

For my 2009 GS450h I just got another remote fob that was 'reset' and I was able to add it using techstream. I then ordered a key cut to a photo, but it does not work. I removed the door cylinder lock, but there is no 6 digit code on it. Here are some pictures showing the 6 wafers in the good and bad keys, as I know everyone loves pictures.  Is there a way to get the 6 digit code? and is there a way to get a key cut properly? or is this only a cut-by pantograph type deal?

good_20230121_15_25_20_Pro.jpg

BAD WIN_20230121_15_24_17_Pro.jpg

1 hour ago, hazelnut said:

For my 2009 GS450h I just got another remote fob that was 'reset' and I was able to add it using techstream. I then ordered a key cut to a photo, but it does not work. I removed the door cylinder lock, but there is no 6 digit code on it. Here are some pictures showing the 6 wafers in the good and bad keys, as I know everyone loves pictures.  Is there a way to get the 6 digit code? and is there a way to get a key cut properly? or is this only a cut-by pantograph type deal?

good_20230121_15_25_20_Pro.jpg

BAD WIN_20230121_15_24_17_Pro.jpg

Found two more wafers hiding behind the grease blob. so 8 wafers in total.

Today I called my local Toyota dealer (I gave up on the Lexus dealer). I was quoted £60.23 to supply and cut key. I called a mobile locksmith and got a quote of £35. Guess which one I'm going to use? 

20 minutes ago, hazelnut said:

Today I called my local Toyota dealer (I gave up on the Lexus dealer). I was quoted £60.23 to supply and cut key. I called a mobile locksmith and got a quote of £35. Guess which one I'm going to use? 

Please do tell us the result Hazel.

On 1/23/2023 at 8:00 PM, royoftherovers said:

Please do tell us the result Hazel.

Today, the mobile locksmith informed me that as well as the £35 for the key there would be a £60 call-out fee. Or I could go to his house on a Saturday. Looks like it's back the dealer.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

I lost one of my gs450H key and for three months i lived with just one key was a nightmare. I spend almost £500 and got the second key. Attached apple air tags on both of the keys, cane afford to loose it again.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links