Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

CT Likes/Dislikes

Ian J. Parsley

14 hours ago, Rednotdead said:

That doesn't explain why it keeps beeping in reverse, I could understand one, but not the incessant noise.  I believe it can be switched off by the dealer so next time it goes in...  And the sensors are crap anyway, the worst I've ever had in any car, especially the front ones.  Why can't Lexus get these simple things right?

I get a single beep when I engage in reverse. I also have a button to disable parking sensors if I tire of them. 

14 hours ago, Rednotdead said:

That doesn't explain why it keeps beeping in reverse, I could understand one, but not the incessant noise.  I believe it can be switched off by the dealer so next time it goes in...  And the sensors are crap anyway, the worst I've ever had in any car, especially the front ones.  Why can't Lexus get these simple things right?

I get a single beep when I engage in reverse. I also have a button to disable parking sensors if I tire of them. 

Three months and 5k miles in and I love this car - it's brill.

Dislikes:

1. No rear 'over the shoulder' visibility - but the mirrors are very good

2. I find that cars joining the motorway I'm already on can sometimes be hidden by the rear-view mirror if our speeds are similar.

3. Switching the voice guidance or traffic announcements on means delving into the menu.

1. It's quiet, comfortable and economical

2. It does everything I ask it to and does it well

3. Keyless entry - it's so convenient

Like: 1.one button turns off, selects park.2. selectable throttle pedal response. 3. choice of tyre / wheel 

Dislike:1. waste of internal space and lack of attention to practicality. 2. no full sized spare wheel 3. lack of development through successive "upgrades" . Still uses the same major parts.upgrades are largely cosmetic.

22 minutes ago, Wass said:

3. lack of development through successive "upgrades" . Still uses the same major parts.upgrades are largely cosmetic.

This is unfortunately how Toyota operate. Models typically have a 6 to 8 year life, with one 'major' facelift halfway through. The yearly updates are very minor.

3 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

This is unfortunately how Toyota operate. Models typically have a 6 to 8 year life, with one 'major' facelift halfway through. The yearly updates are very minor.

The article is about what people do and don't like, not about whether people or manufacturers agree or not or whether this is manufacturers policy. There is no need to defend the policy of Toyota and there should be no need to defend what I personally do and don't like.

Denis et al,

As noted above, if your car came with the constant reverse beeps (standard in UK), simply take it to the dealer and they will switch it to a single beep upon engaging reverse gear. 

That's what my wife has done. 

13 hours ago, Wass said:

Like: 1.one button turns off, selects park.2. selectable throttle pedal response. 3. choice of tyre / wheel 

Dislike:1. waste of internal space and lack of attention to practicality. 2. no full sized spare wheel 3. lack of development through successive "upgrades" . Still uses the same major parts.upgrades are largely cosmetic.

Doesnt every manufacturer do 3? 

Lexus dont do much with the CT because it's not a major seller. They update the IS and RX almost every year.

9 hours ago, Wass said:

The article is about what people do and don't like, not about whether people or manufacturers agree or not or whether this is manufacturers policy. There is no need to defend the policy of Toyota and there should be no need to defend what I personally do and don't like.

I think you should reread my statement then, I'm not defending anyone. I said it was unfortunately that Toyota have a policy for only providing one major update during the life of a vehicle.

Steering Wheel - just feels really nice

Seats - I find them very comfortable and have had no back problems since driving the CT

Quiet

Dislikes:-

Some cheap plastics / switchgear for a "premium" car - sit in an A3 and the overall quality is much better (although dull)

I sometimes drive up a very steep hill.  Hills are not the CVT box's friend and its unpleasantly noisy - does not feel like a 140 BHP car

Some of the body panels feel cheap/ tinny - why no gas lift on the bonnet?

Advance, 2014, owned for 9 months.

Overall, absolutely love the car. My six-pennyworth:

1) The sense of calm. It's the most Zen car I've ever driven, and almost insists that you just relax... 

2) The economy. Since the weather warmed-up, I get a dependable 54 - 60 mpg depending on journey. Locally, if I concentrate on pulse-and-glide, it will hit an indicated 90mpg+ over 5 miles.

3) The steering wheel and seats. (I'm cheating). Very, very nice.

Dislikes:

1) Velvet Black paint is a nightmare. EVERYTHING marks it. Heaven help us if a kitten sneezes within 50 yards... (Ditto poor interior plastics) (More cheating...)

2) Rear visibility. I really can't see well enough to reverse in the dark without relying on sensors and prayer. Thought reversing-cameras were a gimmick until I drove this - might have to cave-in and upgrade to a Premium. (In Sonic something-or-other) 

3) Uncertainty over how power will be delivered when overtaking - will it provide the oomph needed? 

• 2 weeks later...

Advance plus owner for year + (65 reg)

Dislikes:

1) Very irritating brake sound on low speeds (especially downhills)

2) If I`m placing my elbow on the door with opened window, when I touch the plastic it squeaks + when car is very warm during the summer - all plastic parts making cracking sounds.

3) Very noisy engine (In my opinion way under-powered)  

1) Lexus badge gives you confidence about your car which you drive each single day.

2) Comfortable seats and all buttons/leavers/indicators are ok to use.

3) Sensible petrol consumption and no road tax or congestion charge payments.

57 minutes ago, Ian J. Parsley said:

What do those of you with the Velvet black paint do to keep the car clean without too much swirling?

Use 2 buckets, a good wash mitt and good quality drying cloth for a start.

No auto or hand car washes allowed. 

Check the detailing section - more info on there

or see thread below and download the PDF

On 7/28/2017 at 11:53 AM, northernstar said:

3 months now with F-Sport. Loving it.

-LED illumination for cup holders, utterly pointless but so cool
-Black interior roof lining
-Effortless driving around town

Dislikes
-'Ready' indicator on dashboard - ready for what?
-Driving Mode resets itself to 'Normal' each time you start vehicle
-Small fuel tank on longer journeys causes range anxiety

The ready light tells you the Battery system has performed all its health checks . If its not on continous there could be a fault.

my car stays in eco mode on each start but sport does reset.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2017 at 7:02 PM, TwitchyArmadillo said:

3. Battery size is appalling when compared to the Prius. Yes they serve a different market but it annoys me when you know there is better battery tech out there. 

Toyota state exactly the same Battery spec for the Prius III and CT200h

168 cells, 650V, 6.5 Ah.

http://media.toyota.co.uk/wp-content/files_mf/1329489972120216MTOYOTAPRIUSTECHNICALSPECIFICATIONS.pdf

http://media.toyota.co.uk/wp-content/files_mf/1367250452121005MCT200hTechSpec.pdf1.pdf

7 hours ago, darrenj1 said:

For those complaining about low doors scraping the kerb, which size wheels did you go for?

I don't think it matters as the aspect ratio of tyres will adjust for the wheel size. In other words,  the height of the car will remain the same as the tyres will be the same outer diameter regardless of what wheel the CT has

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I'm going to have to add a further dislike that has only made itself known since the dark nights arrived and that is the shockingly poor reversing light.  I have a camera but still like to see what's in the mirrors and sometimes I can't do so unless I have the brake lights on as well.

1 hour ago, Meaty said:

I'm going to have to add a further dislike that has only made itself known since the dark nights arrived and that is the shockingly poor reversing light.  I have a camera but still like to see what's in the mirrors and sometimes I can't do so unless I have the brake lights on as well.

Has yours got tints around the back? 

My son's Golf has extremely dark tints around the back - have to pretty much reverse blind. Never an issue mind and that car doesn't have parking sensors or a rear camera

8 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Has yours got tints around the back? 

My son's Golf has extremely dark tints around the back - have to pretty much reverse blind. Never an issue mind and that car doesn't have parking sensors or a rear camera

It does have tints but I don't look through them when reversing.  I can get a pretty good view from the camera, but like to line the car up with a particular join in the slabs on my drive but when it's dark I struggle to see it through the offside mirror.   I'll need to find another mark that I can line up with something visible over the shoulder or through the camera.

1 hour ago, Meaty said:

It does have tints but I don't look through them when reversing.  I can get a pretty good view from the camera, but like to line the car up with a particular join in the slabs on my drive but when it's dark I struggle to see it through the offside mirror.   I'll need to find another mark that I can line up with something visible over the shoulder or through the camera.

You can always fit some CREE LED lamps - they are VERY bright and pretty simple to do

• Like 1

if you can fit an outside light that plugs into a remote controlled plug socket have the remote in the car

so you can turn the light on & off when needed, thats what i do.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links