Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Automotive Websites. Where do we get our info?

I tend to surf the web on a daily basis looking for cars, news about cars, parts of cars, stories about cars .. anyway you get the picture.

Autoblog.com

Autoblog.nl

Carmagazine.co.uk

Carbuzz.com

Autovisie.nl

Autobild.de

Lexusenthusiast.com

And of course i do follow Harry Metcalfe and Chris Harris.  What about you?  Where do you spend your time?

I'm trawling Autotrader every single day! LOC and Honest John are the only other two I regularly go to; other than that I'll seek out video reviews on YouTube from people like CarBuyer, CarKeys, some of the Australian ones, Autogefuhl and some of those lengthy walkrounds by Saabkyle04 etc. Never buying new, most mainstream motoring media doesn't interest me. But Evo videos are always worth a watch on occasions - purely for escapism - and like you say, Harry and Chris are the only two reviewers you need (plus perhaps Harry Catchpole and Mat Watson). I can just can't read Autoexpress, Autocar or WhatCar? Other than that, you'll find me reading motorsport websites or something like automobile-catalog.

20 minutes ago, Spacewagon52 said:

PFM? Piston Heads for Men?

Haha!  Pink Fish Media, it's a music/hifi website frequented by toffs.  I'm far from being a toff, but find it entertaining.

15 minutes ago, steveledzep said:

Haha!  Pink Fish Media, it's a music/hifi website frequented by toffs.  I'm far from being a toff, but find it entertaining.

Thanks Steve - I did Google it and that was the nearest I could find.

I've come to quite like Carwow (Mat Watson). I stick to the reviews rather than the head-to-heads; the latter are just too short and subjective. 

I quite like Autogefühl and another German one in German called Autophorie. I rarely go trans-continental as too little info is relevant. 

I'm still deciding on Car Keys (see YouTube).  

I don't like AutoExpress, Car or WhatCar or those associated; occasionally I'd look at Which

Now I have reached a senior age I spend a lot of time in the toilet, working in the garden and reading LOC without signing in.

Which reminds me, Rayaans got a little steamed up the other week over a minor point, unusual for him, calm down laddy, this is a friendly talking shop/show, the world ends later.

Best wishes.

Michael.

• Like 1

Some new sites for me to check out later :yes:

Along with some of the above I regularly scan Speedhunters. Yesterday there were some great pics posted from Pikes Peak :wink3:

PistonHeads.

Then an occasional peek at Petrolicious can yield some great vid's/sounds.

Try honestjohn.co.uk It's a mine of information for anything to do with cars and is independent, unlike most of the German owned car Mags.

John Cadogan of AutoExpert.com.au. His youtube video's are brilliant.

Scotty Kilmer on his youtube channel and website.  He's been repairing cars for around 50 years and knows what he's talking about with lots of practical advice based on his experience. 

Ask him which car to buy and he will nearly always say Toyota!  He owns several cars one of them is an old Celica with over 250K miles that still shifts perfectly.  He bought his wife a Lexus.

http://scottykilmer.homestead.com/

• 3 weeks later...