Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Insurance renewal time

floggit

thar your premium wont go up ,if you didnt meet the criteria you will pay the price thats been quoted

then depending  what score you get will depend what discount you will receive ,you only

have to use the app for 200 miles and can manually start the app, this way only the journeys you want to

record will be recorded so if you get up late for work one day you wouldn't record that journey :wink3:.

at the end of the day thar you have nothing to lose and everything to gain,just make sure your google

account email address is the same you use for Aviva as the 2 can be paired up.

Thanks 200h, I didn't know much about it but I'd be silly not to try it. I usually renew on-line, are the results of the app monitoring usually taken into account at renewal? You said you had to contact them at your last renewal, was that an exception?

I just checked and my premium actually went down a tenner last year.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

yes they normally are taking into account at renewal,the guy i spoke to said i'll put the app discount on the

policy for you now which to me implied it hadn't been added this year as you wouldn't be able to have the

discount twice, he also had to look if the app had to be completed annually but it doesn't ,finish the 200 miles

once and that should be it for as long as your with aviva..

my renewal notice arrived within the last week and my renewal is early August.so there wasnt an issue to

have the premium amended.

Try the comparison sites, brokers and then the ones that aren't on comparison sites

Then choose the cheapest reputable like for like quote - simple.

Don't bother with "company ratings" - all a farce and ultimately it depends on who you get assigned to when making the claim call if necessary.

Like take LV for example, Defaqto 5 stars or something - OK at first then "De FAK gives no ****es" the next call. Doesnt mean anything. 

• Like 1

Lv , my dad was with lv. Had to make a claim ... nothing but aggro. But like you say another day another call could be totally different. You reminded me i havent tried them yet lol. 

Done the comparison sites, nearly finished the independants i think. It really is a mixed bag that follows no pattern. Only the lazy auto renew though so worth the effort.  Results to follow,,,,,,,

We are with Lexus for our insurance. Last year it cost £453.12 - this year they want £632.60. You peeps out there - think yourselves lucky! :-) When my husband rang - it was more or less take it or leave it! :-(

51 minutes ago, Scottie19 said:

We are with Lexus for our insurance. Last year it cost £453.12 - this year they want £632.60. You peeps out there - think yourselves lucky! :-) When my husband rang - it was more or less take it or leave it! :-(

Lexus insurance give rip off quotes anyway. £2k for me and £1k for my wife's car. Admiral Multicar  = £750 in total

Just got my renewal quote in. Increased by 27% so I think I will be jumping ship this year!

Did a quote with Lexus insurance and while it wasn't quite so ridiculous as in previous years they still want about £200 more than others so I won't be pursuing that in any more detail. I like the idea of it only being repaired at Lexus but I could get that anyway in the event of a claim just be paying out the non-approved repairer excess. 

• Like 1

Well, ive done the four main comparison sites and every independant i can think of. Independants were coming in 290-470! But across 3 comparison sites "e-sure" had the best quote between 270-280. Excess is the only deciding factor so ill pick a site and sign up on friday when i have some time.

renewal is 318 so worth the effort against the saving. Cant remember my premium last year but changed cars midway so not a fair comparison. Thanks for everyones comments and input and as said its just a minefield where prices make no sense . Necessary evil .

1 hour ago, floggit said:

Well, ive done the four main comparison sites and every independant i can think of. Independants were coming in 290-470! But across 3 comparison sites "e-sure" had the best quote between 270-280. Excess is the only deciding factor so ill pick a site and sign up on friday when i have some time.

renewal is 318 so worth the effort against the saving. Cant remember my premium last year but changed cars midway so not a fair comparison. Thanks for everyones comments and input and as said its just a minefield where prices make no sense . Necessary evil .

Btw I recall you mentioning you haven't heard of esure? Or am I mistaken?

Pretty large company been going for ages. I had home insurance with them for 5 years until they hacked the price up. Well known anyway and no hassle when had to claim for a broken stain glass window

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rayaans said:

Btw I recall you mentioning you haven't heard of esure? Or am I mistaken?

Pretty large company been going for ages. I had home insurance with them for 5 years until they hacked the price up. Well known anyway and no hassle when had to claim for a broken stain glass window

Yeah 1st time i come across them was on the comparison sites and certainly not had business with them. Good to hear your experience with them and day off friday so will do it then. Also have to ring my current co first as they auto renew. Pet hate lol.

Well rang privelige yesterday and they couldnt beat the cheaper quote so cancelled auto renewal, easy. Next looked at esure through the confused webpage and it was just easier to sign up online than call so again easy . With esure for the next year at 270. Happy with that.

was interesting that out of the four main comparison sites 3 all came back with esure as best price.

On 8/5/2017 at 9:33 AM, floggit said:

Well rang privelige yesterday and they couldnt beat the cheaper quote so cancelled auto renewal, easy. Next looked at esure through the confused webpage and it was just easier to sign up online than call so again easy . With esure for the next year at 270. Happy with that.

was interesting that out of the four main comparison sites 3 all came back with esure as best price.

Yes, usually what happens is that an insurer will put their prices down 1 year if they need more sales/customers and then hike them the next year. 

The price difference between comparison sites is based on the commission. For example, if gocompare is taking more commission than confused.com, their Esure prices will be higher than confused.com esure prices.

Also, I believe Admiral and Bell are part of confused.com so it can be found that their prices are usually very competitive.

14 hours ago, rayaans said:

Yes, usually what happens is that an insurer will put their prices down 1 year if they need more sales/customers and then hike them the next year. 

The price difference between comparison sites is based on the commission. For example, if gocompare is taking more commission than confused.com, their Esure prices will be higher than confused.com esure prices.

Also, I believe Admiral and Bell are part of confused.com so it can be found that their prices are usually very competitive.

Yeah that all makes sense. Its a pity that so many outside issues affect your policy rather than based on personal details. Thats the game i suppose :laugh:

The biggest tip I can give is check your insurer has amended your car value - at this years renewal I discovered my three year old CT was still being insured for its replacement value not it's market  value - getting it amended saved over £100.  Maybe not every insurer fails to spiral the value down each year but mine hadn't and it was costing unnecessarily as a result 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links