Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone gone from a RX400h to a GS450H

Brought a RX400H a couple of months ago but really could not get on with it mainly because of the brakes. They seemed to surge a lot, had them checked by Lexus but was told it was normal for the model and was because the car was a hybrid. A bit more research suggest that early Prius owners complained about the same issue. I am thinking about changing to a GS450H but am worried I will find the brakes are the same. Has anyone owned both models and can comment on what the brakes are like. 

Mine pulse a bit, but haven't checked discs etc as doesn't bother me, hardly use them no the gs450h.

Good to know mind as was considering a change to the RX as need a boot, so good to know they similar builds.

• 1 month later...
On 25/07/2017 at 8:47 PM, Supradave said:

Brought a RX400H a couple of months ago but really could not get on with it mainly because of the brakes. They seemed to surge a lot, had them checked by Lexus but was told it was normal for the model and was because the car was a hybrid. A bit more research suggest that early Prius owners complained about the same issue. I am thinking about changing to a GS450H but am worried I will find the brakes are the same. Has anyone owned both models and can comment on what the brakes are like. 

Have owned three RX and never had a breaking issue. However my second GS 450, bought used with 48k had brake judder from day of collection. After two sets of discs and pads they finally decided wheels were buckled. Wheels returned and no problem since although car should never have been sold in that condition. My preference of the two is the GS. Sporty fast and exonomical. 

My 450h took me by surprise on my first drive (test drive) as I was not expecting the change in braking force when it changed to brakes from regen at a low speed, but got used to the effect very quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/07/2017 at 8:47 PM, Supradave said:

I've done the opposite to what your doing, only for space reasons.

I had a 61 plate GS450H, and now have an 09 RX400H.

The brake on the GS where fantastic, totally different to the RX.

I taken the RX to Lexus to check the brakes as in comparison to the GS they where crap. I've gotten use to it now but it depends if you need the extra room etc 

• 2 months later...
On 9/9/2017 at 12:06 AM, Locheelad said:

Have owned three RX and never had a breaking issue. However my second GS 450, bought used with 48k had brake judder from day of collection. After two sets of discs and pads they finally decided wheels were buckled. Wheels returned and no problem since although car should never have been sold in that condition. My preference of the two is the GS. Sporty fast and exonomical. 

Quick sort of related question - what sort of economy do you achieve and what type of trip / style of driving is that with? Cheers