Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus ISF wanted!

Hey guys, im in the market too looking for one.. i seen a white one (1st choice) on eBay with 91k. Also saw a black one on AT with lexus bristol.. was wondering if anyone on here owned any of these cars?

4 hours ago, Ace8800 said:

Hey guys, im in the market too looking for one.. i seen a white one (1st choice) on ebay with 91k. Also saw a black one on AT with lexus bristol.. was wondering if anyone on here owned any of these cars?

Lexus Bristol............🤠🤠🤠🤠🤡🤡🤡🤠🤡🤠🤡😟🤡

4 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Lexus Bristol............🤠🤠🤠🤠🤡🤡🤡🤠🤡🤠🤡😟🤡

@Flytvr They do read this site forums regularly, apart from anything else you won't get your Christmas card this year 🙁

Your Lotus uniform disguise won't fool them you know 😂

Big Rat

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Big Rat said:

Talking of blue ones this has just come on the market and would you just look at the price, they seem to have there headline picture a bit mixed up as well 🙄

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201707217587481?make=LEXUS&sort=sponsored&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=ba11rj&model=IS F&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&radius=1501&page=1

Big Rat

34k!? Jesus ***** alive that's alot of money. Lexus had the rarest colour in the F for sale a month of 2 ago. 1 of 5 in the colour they had that was on for 37 and I bet they got sick of having that in the showroom and sold it at auction. Will never sell at that price its such a shame. I'd happily offer him 20 😂

2 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Flytvr They do read this site forums regularly, apart from anything else you won't get your Christmas card this year 🙁

Your Lotus uniform disguise won't fool them you know 😂

Big Rat

On the off chance that lexus do read this..

Please sell me a GSF for 20K 😂

How good do GSF look though?

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Flytvr said:

Every day there seem to be less and less nice clean examples with FLSH and a complete stock setup. I guess what I am saying is that unless you are very patient, I wouldn't get too hung up on colour.

All down to personal taste, but I'd go for any colour except red, which doesn't suit the car and black which is so boring. 

Finally go into ISF ownership with eyes open. Reliability per buck, I still think the ISF is unbeatable, but things do go wrong, and when they do, parts are expensive and you'll potentially be in the hands of Lexus stealers and a warranty system that isn't necessarily as good as you may think 

Could you elaborate on the final sentence re the warranty not being as good as one might think please?

fwiw i let my Lexus warranty expire just after i purchased the car. At something like a grand a year i am happy to self insure.  This is my main work car but if it breaks down I can always use my lotus. in the three years since, I've not had anything go wrong aside from the headlight blowing which i doubt is covered other than the misfire documented elsewhere. That would have been covered.   so with hindsight i should have kept the warranty but that's hindsight for you

@ollie isf My two pennies worth on the comment regarding the warranty is that, the car trade since time in memorial doesn't have the best reputation for honesty and integrity.

The same can be said about many businesses I accept banking, journalism and so on but and it's a big but and I can speak from long long experience of many manufacturers over 40 years and an equal number of cars both new and old and Lexus from my personal experience thus far are one of the better ones.

Ive had one warranty claim- the water pump which was replaced without question.

No warranty is perfect and we don't always get what we want in life, but for value for money it works for me.

If people choose not to have it that's fine but probably best to have a war chest just in case.

The perfect manufacturer perfect dealership does not exist, they are still a very good car though.

Big Rat

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ThebigC said:

On the off chance that lexus do read this..

Please sell me a GSF for 20K 😂

How good do GSF look though?

@The Big C In the flesh they are IMO from most angles very good, the drive is for a largish powerful saloon car in today's road conditions one of the best no question.

Big Rat

• Like 1

Who said black was boring?  I can confirm I wasn't bored at the time of this photo getting taken ;-)

You are limited to...  ;-)

Citroen Saxo Blue

Vauxhall Vectra Maroon

Stone Chip Collector Black (Mine)

Audi TT Silver

Not quite Grey & Not quite Black Slate Grey

And my personal favourite - White.  I wish I had a white one :-(

15894824_10153949151547303_5902850964991598533_n.jpg.65e052e5b641a3ccb55cc7a019aac5c8.jpg

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

Who said black was boring?  I can confirm I wasn't bored at the time of this photo getting taken ;-)

Citroen Saxo Blue

Vauxhall Vectra Maroon

Audi TT Silver

15894824_10153949151547303_5902850964991598533_n.jpg.65e052e5b641a3ccb55cc7a019aac5c8.jpg

@FTBBCVoodoo Nor I was here on this often shown picture, joy 😉

IMG_0391.thumb.JPG.1a60e0bbc81b5d48189b281c29899917.JPG

Big Rat

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

Citroen Saxo Blue

Vauxhall Vectra Maroon

Audi TT Silver

@FTBBCVoodoo Lee carefully what you say about car colour matey there are some on here who are very sensitive about it especially those with Blue ones....... cough cough..... or white seats or............ 😂

Big Rat

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@FTBBCVoodoo Lee carefully what you say about car colour matey there are some on here who are very sensitive about it especially those with Blue ones....... cough cough..... or white seats or............ 😂

Big Rat

I know....  Thinnest of thin ice.

My work mate has one in Saxo VTR blue with the spunk stain hiding white seats as seen here parked near me at work ;-)

He lurks on this forum without joining so I am effectively calling him out to tell me his is newer and has a proper diff (albeit with Ripspeed wheels) ;-)

Screenshot_20170728-115045.png

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

I know....  Thinnest of thin ice.

My work mate has one in Saxo VTR blue with the spunk stain hiding white seats as seen here parked near me at work ;-)

He lurks on this forum without joining so I am effectively calling him out to tell me his is newer and has a proper diff (albeit with Ripspeed wheels) ;-)

Screenshot_20170728-115045.png

Steady on chaps, don't know what you are talking about @Big Rat, any way just to balance things up here is my blue car with some.................................others.........................

P1000482.JPG

P1000492.JPG

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ollie isf said:

Could you elaborate on the final sentence re the warranty not being as good as one might think please?

Of course. 

I'm on my phone so won't be typing much, but at 44k my front seat needing replacing. Stealer, Lexus warranty and Lexus customer care passed the problem between them, leaving me with the bill. Like I said, ISF parts can be very expensive.  Having to replace a seat at 44k miles is acceptable according to Lexus

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

Of course. 

I'm on my phone so won't be typing much, but at 44k my front seat needing replacing. Stealer, Lexus warranty and Lexus customer care passed the problem between them, leaving me with the bill. Like I said, ISF parts can be very expensive.  Having to replace a seat at 44k miles is acceptable according to Lexus

Balls.  I knew I should have spent £900 on an exhaust instead :-(

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FTBBCVoodoo said:

Balls.  I knew I should have spent £900 on an exhaust instead :-(

🙂

Warranty is still a must for me. I wouldn't drive an F without a warranty.

I was one of the unlucky ones that had the steering rack fix (replacement) done on warranty. £3.5k. Lexus recognise the design fault with the F rack and thus pay out.

A new driver's seat from Lexus, > £6k 😱

So 50/50 success rate for me. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Flytvr said:

🙂

Warranty is still a must for me. I wouldn't drive an F without a warranty.

I was one of the unlucky ones that had the steering rack fix (replacement) done on warranty. £3.5k. Lexus recognise the design fault with the F rack and thus pay out.

A new driver's seat from Lexus, > £6k 😱

So 50/50 success rate for me. 

@Flytvr Your cakes are a 100% successful to me 😍

🐀

2 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Did the cakes break the seat? :whistling1:

@Farqui Oh no matey he's a fine figure of a man I was referring to his cake making skills, i'm no longer permitted to show the evidential pictures of same as a certain member on here gets very annoyed I shall not name him but his forum name is @Mark G 😂

🐀

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Did the cakes break the seat? :whistling1:

Exactly that 🤗

However, I suspect that the Lexus garage that tried to fix the issue lacks sufficient technical know how to even find the exact cause of the problem in the first place. So we'll never know what the problem was or a fix other than that that Lexus suggested I.e. A new seat at 44k miles or to just ignore it

• Like 1

@Big RatPhew, that's okay then.  Thanks for clarifying.

Though I did wonder if dognuts/similar could have overloaded the steering rack too.  Sugar shakes maybe?

If Lexus can't handle sugar loading, then I'd be doomed!

• Like 1

Just now, Farqui said:

Though I did wonder if dognuts/similar could have overloaded the steering rack too.  

@Farqui Can you make our little August meet all welcome as always 👍

🐀

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farqui said:

Though I did wonder if dognuts/similar could have overloaded the steering rack too.  Sugar shakes maybe?

Lol.

Steering rack issue is documented via LSB. Kept low key. I know of two dealers in the UK that are well aware of the issues. I guess I am one of the lucky ones that has got it replaced.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Farqui Can you make our little August meet all welcome as always 👍

🐀

Thanks.

Unfortuantely I'm on-call for the entire month of August (don't ask) so I won't know for sure about any work commitments until nearer the time.

However I've added it to my calendar and if I get a 'pass' then I'll come prop up the old banger corner.

Would be nice to dribble over all those v8's :naughty:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links