Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus ISF wanted!

13 minutes ago, Corrado said:

@Ace8800 The black IS-F at Bristol is my old car. You're welcome to PM me for more info. I've sent you a PM as well. 

I almost had the front seat out of that baby.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

I almost had the front seat out of that baby.

Really?! Hasn't yours done about half the mileage though, in which case I would have thought it might be a little too worn - not that it was in worse than expected condition for an 80,000 mile car. 

Has your issue with the driver's seat been resolved yet? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Corrado said:

Really?! Hasn't yours done about half the mileage though, in which case I would have thought it might be a little too worn - not that it was in worse than expected condition for an 80,000 mile car. 

Has your issue with the driver's seat been resolved yet? 

No, I'm replacing the seat. Bristol attempted to fix it no less than six times. Each time they would report "We've fixed it", I'd drive out of the car park and instantly know they hadn't.

There are four bolts holding the driver's seat in place, and I suspect Lexus Bristol's expertise was limited to tightening up these bolts.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

No, I'm replacing the seat. Bristol attempted to fix it no less than six times. Each time they would report "We've fixed it", I'd drive out of the car park and instantly know they hadn't.

There are four bolts holding the driver's seat in place, and I suspect Lexus Bristol's expertise was limited to tightening up these bolts.

That's disappointing to say the least. Especially given how central the driver's seat is to the whole driving experience. Hope it gets sorted to your satisfaction soon. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corrado said:

That's disappointing to say the least. Especially given how central the driver's seat is to the whole driving experience. Hope it gets sorted to your satisfaction soon. 

Cheers bud 😀

Mind you, not as bad as when they sold me the car and described the wheels as being in perfect condition.

When I removed the wheel protectors the car came with, the wheels were scratched to heck. Bristol Lexus then argued the toss with me that they'd never described the wheels as perfect. Shame for them that the sales guy had sent me a video describing the wheels as perfect. Even with this video evidence they tried to say I was telling lies!!!!! Made me feel so inferior. All very upsetting and distressing.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Corrado said:

@Ace8800 The black IS-F at Bristol is my old car. You're welcome to PM me for more info. I've sent you a PM as well. 

Yeah send me some more details over buddy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThebigC said:

@The Big C Charlie I'm fencing round some properties up behind the dealership starting the latter part of next week if you want some additional photos or anything, promise to direct our nail guns away from the car lot 😂

Big Rat

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ThebigC said:

@ThebigC Done 😀

6 hours ago, Big Rat said:

@The Big C Charlie I'm fencing round some properties up behind the dealership starting the latter part of next week if you want some additional photos or anything, promise to direct our nail guns away from the car lot 😂

Big Rat

@Big Rat A true gent 😀 The bodywork was in great condition bar front end stone chips even if I do say so myself! 

Edited to add: I mean in terms of no dents - there were the inevitable swirl marks in the black paint but a decent detail would would fix most of it. 

• Like 2

@Corrado So this morning setting up for our contract fencing up behind Bristol Lexus and heard what can only be discribed as a monster of a car exhaust starting from cold and we could see it was a certain black isF........ 😂

🐀

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Corrado So this morning setting up for our contract fencing up behind Bristol Lexus and heard what can only be discribed as a monster of a car exhaust starting from cold and we could see it was a certain black isF........ 😂

🐀

I wonder who that could belong to..............................

• Like 1

@Big Rat Yes I found it a little too loud. I had it booked in for an x-pipe (and possibly a small silencer where the resonator was - like Pete's) but ended up changing cars for other reasons. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Corrado said:

@Big Rat Yes I found it a little too loud. I had it booked in for an x-pipe (and possibly a small silencer where the resonator was - like Pete's) but ended up changing cars for other reasons. 

@Corrado Come on tell the truth within minutes of them starting it up 19 glazing vans turned up backed up by armed police and the helicopters....... ok slight journalistic licence but I can understand why you may have wanted to make a few mods 😂

Nice looking motor though........ not that we went over to look, well I did the others went to McDonald's 🤥

🐀

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Flytvr said:

So Bristol Lexus are selling a car with a non Lexus exhaust? They'll probably pass it off as normal. Very creative bunch

@Flytvr Exhaust is fine as regards warranty as long as it's not a valved system, and its isn't on this car, looks nice 👍 

🐀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

@Flytvr Exhaust is fine as regards warranty as long as it's not a valved system, and its isn't on this car, looks nice 👍 

🐀

Nope. I'd insist they supply it with stock exhaust plus what is on it now. Selling non stock cars can be difficult, so why set yourself up for a future headache? 😀

I'm sure the car is lovely.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lotusdave said:

i bet a new, original exhaust is not cheap.  

Yes, got to be big money if purchased from Lexus!

Car wise, If I'm buying from a Lexus dealer I want the car as near as possible to 100% stock.

I think most people that change exhausts, will squirrel the original one away somewhere as they know it will widden their target audience when selling.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lotusdave said:

i bet a new, original exhaust is not cheap.  

@lotusdave You are right they are not £3323.23 + vat and fitting, I just happen to have a second full system in my workshop just in case I want to release a bit more V8 at a later date and have it modded to a Valved system 🙃

🐀

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Big Rat said:

@lotusdave You are right they are not £3323.23 + vat and fitting, I just happen to have a second full system in my workshop just in case I want to release a bit more V8 at a later date and have it modded to a Valved system 🙃

🐀

I'd be offering Bristol Lexus asking price - £3323.23 + vat

That's BIG MONEY and all of a sudden what looks like a nice car on the surface, is now a bit of a turkey 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links