Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Deposit paid and waiting for September delivery:cool:

While I'm waiting I'm trying to learn as much as possible beforehand and noticed mention of mirrorlink so would appreciate some help from anyone using it

I've not added sat nav having used Google maps for the last year in preference to oem fitted systems and would appreciate knowing if I can mirror this on RC screen :unsure:

I know it's annoying when newbies ask questions that have been asked already but go gently on me - I've done a search and it left me a bit confused - possibly only mirrors paid apps if I'm reading correct 

Actual experience appreciated or point me in the right direction please 

Next question - why does time appear to slow down when you're waiting for delivery :laugh:

Doing some research I think Mirrorlink only works with compatible Apps and Sygic seems popular - it's half price right now so maybe I should get it before the car arrives if it's any good - would appreciate some feedback first though:unsure:

4 minutes ago, Muddywheels said:

Cheers Farqui:cool:

Car doesn't arrive until September - was wondering if I should get Sygic now on offer - also not sure if it's any good:unsure:

Sygic used to allow you to download and try it for a week before it expired or you purchased a pukka version.

I've been using it for years on my mobile (Android) and it gets better and better.  The maps/traffic are TomTom based and seem to work well.  Address searching used to be a pain as it wasn't very slick if you chose the destination from a contact on your phone, that's improved this year tho.  I now have a Worldwide Traffic lifetime licence and it's been very helpful when travelling.  Once you buy in then you get free map updates.  Let me know if you have any other queries.

• Like 1

Thanks again Farqui:cool:

I've been using Googlemaps for a while now as it's free and much better than the Mitsubishi and LR factory fitted systems - I currently have a Brodit holder in Mitsy which is excellent but the Brodit for RC is on drivers side vent and looks naff - I therefore think mirrorlink is my best option as I'm not paying £1000 for Lexus sat nav:blink:

I will try Sygic free trial before deciding:thumbup:

• Like 1

Nice one, lets us know how you get on.

Googlemaps/Waze are okay but I don't get a reliable data signal so use Sygic with it's offline maps.  To be fair Google are getting better and better at this, which is commendable considering it's free.

Roaming charges abroad used to mean I'd always use an app with built in maps.  This is not such an issue now that the UK phone company's have been told to stop over charging.

• Like 1

I did manage to get it to work on my wifes IS with Google maps and then forgot how it worked and now it's all greyed out! 

I believe it's a pain on the RC andpre facelift IS as they use the older sof tear system whereas it works OK on the newer vehicles with the updated systems 

• Like 1

I will probably wait until it arrives in September and have a play to see if Google maps works before paying for sygic 

I have a Sony Xperia z3 compact with mirror link but it's just started spitting out sd card and overheating so I may need to upgrade - think I'm right in understanding Iphone isn't compatible with mirror link so will need to stay android? 

Been a fantastic phone and don't really want to fork out for another :wallbash:

• 5 weeks later...

Right - I've got the RC but can't work out how to connect for Mirrorlink:blush:

Plugged cable into usb and phone then used menu - info - mirrorlink but it's greyed out and if I select mirrorlink on phone it just says trying to connect to headunit:sad:

Any help appreciated or I will have to ring dealer tomorrow:thumbs_up:

Don't have it on car or phone. Would suggest trying another phone and if no luck try lexus UK customer support via website or their farcebook

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately I don't do facebook but I will look on website -  dealer was supposed to be contacting tech support but have not come back :sad:

My phone is mirrorlink compatible but it's just not connecting and the screen in car looks greyed out:unsure:

I'm sure there some members clued up on this and they just haven't seen your post. Did you see other threads about the retrofits?

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

After 6 weeks of asking for help finally had a reply from Lexus via dealer waffling about mirrorlink versions and phones compatibility and advising mirrorlink doesn't work with a Lexus:blink:

Have to say I was loving the RC up to this point - why is it in the handbook and how can others post they used it if this is the case :unsure:

Looks like I'm stuck with the brodit on the vent and knocking the phone every time I use the indicator:wallbash:

Have experienced years of this kind of response from LR when things don't work and hoped Lexus were different - not a great start I'm afraid :sad:

2 hours ago, Muddywheels said:

After 6 weeks of asking for help finally had a reply from Lexus via dealer waffling about mirrorlink versions and phones compatibility and advising mirrorlink doesn't work with a Lexus:blink:

Have to say I was loving the RC up to this point - why is it in the handbook and how can others post they used it if this is the case :unsure:

Looks like I'm stuck with the brodit on the vent and knocking the phone every time I use the indicator:wallbash:

Have experienced years of this kind of response from LR when things don't work and hoped Lexus were different - not a great start I'm afraid :sad:

I dont think they're clued up on it as not many of the models are without nav.

Mine is also the premium nav version so may be different in terms of mirrorlink.

Im pretty sure someone got mirrorlink working on their 2018MY facelift IS300h though

It looks that way - LR are the same and it's unacceptable - if you sell something and it's in the handbook you should know how it works and it shouldn't be in the handbook if it's not on the vehicle unless it says optional feature

• 1 month later...

Hey couple of days ago i also bought a non satnav is300h. I was pretty much sure that it would have the mirror link option. But after i read your posts i am even afraid to try on mine one.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

As per Muddywheels I've had slow response from main dealer. When I bought the rc300h..there was mention of a ''software licence'' issue. It now seems it's that mirrorlink is unavailable on the RC. Still looking into it so any info would be appreciated. Agreed the premium satnav is an excessive option in what should be standard. FYI RASHI...my understanding is that really the mirrorlink really is only useful for satnav...so your not at a big loss. I puug my phone in to charge and mirrorink lock out my phone...so I cant even use its google map as navigation.

I do like my RC..it definitely stands out over usual common German models. That said, Lexus need to step up on a few little things like this. I saw someone here asked about Rc hybrid versus the 200t...no significant difference other than the roadtax. I'm in ROI therefor the tax is VERY significant.