Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS 450H my first Lexus

Farqui

You're welcome, pals and I have found that BH products work although I must say there are now many more good options out there.

Will be keen to see how you get on treating your vehicle John...

Looking good Lee. 

@Nicnac on here recommends POR15. I have no first hand experience of it but Nick knows his stuff. When I get time that's what I shall use,

https://www.frost.co.uk/how-do-i-use-por-15-rust-preventive-paint/?gclid=CjwKCAjwn9v7BRBqEiwAbq1Ey6sfIYBWm0DQBlzGWT88WIzUyx6wg399sVhYNzQmJdwPTO8DVCV9jxoCIzUQAvD_BwE

• Like 1

Wow, had a good long drive today over Nottinghamshire's finest/worse roads...the car feels completely different with new front dampers.

The leaking unit has obviously been poor for some time. Those rough Belgian cobbles took their toll this spring.

The next time the jet washer is out, I'm going to try and find the source of the leak in the damper body.

• Like 1

Shocks seem to be a common failure on the GS but a fairly simple fix and it does make driving so much more enjoyable. It was the first thing I did to my GS430 after cambelt and water-pump service. 

Beginning to think a GS450 would make sense to munch the work miles. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Neil E said:

Shocks seem to be a common failure on the GS but a fairly simple fix and it does make driving so much more enjoyable. It was the first thing I did to my GS430 after cambelt and water-pump service. 

Beginning to think a GS450 would make sense to munch the work miles. 

Been to Hannover twice in mine.........no problem.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 11:01 AM, royoftherovers said:

Been to Hannover twice in mine.........no problem.

I'm not sure how this is relevant but it made me check how many trips we've done to Europe in our GS. 

ln almost 4 years of ownership we've done 11 trips to Belgium.

Surprised me, they soon add up.

The only roadside issue she gave was excessive/rapid tyre wear due to bad rear toe adjusters. 

Terrible reliability, terrible.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...