Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone home mechanic a RX400h

Time for a change, I have a Grand Cherokee and now fancy a RX400H there is lots of information on repairing/ servicing the GC at home but very little here on home servicing repair for the home mechanic for the RX. At the end of the day its just four wheels and an engine, with the oldest models over 10 years old its not cost effective to visit a main dealer especially considering their prices. There is nothing there to scare me worst case scenario you get a problem with the hybrid system but that seems rare. Is there anyone here doing their own work and how do you find parts supply. Thanks.

I fix and service mine. 2006 400h with 115k miles on it. In the last 1.5 years it has had a service and repairs to the "clock spring" to fix the none operating cruise control. I also had a problem with the self leveling lights which I fix with a bit of welding. Service parts are easy from Euro car parts. And the clock spring was a few quid from eBay. Nothing else has needed work. But it does only cover  about 7k miles a year. Parts don't seem to be too difficult to get but then again they don't go wrong often.

• Like 2