Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Check VSC (and others) set off by breaking

cunning_alias

07 IS250 Manual

So I have been getting the Check VSC warning for the past couple of days. When the car starts I get no warnings but at some point during my journey it will appear along with the VSC and ABS light. This always happens when I am pressing the break pedal. The car still drives exactly as it did before the warning appeared.

I have have checked the fault codes through the OBD2 and there is nothing logged. About a year ago I had an 02 sensor go and the logging worked as expected and was able to tell me what was wrong.

So does anyone know What could be causing this kind of 'Check VSC' warning during breaking but not logging anything?

IMG_20170731_185330.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, cunning_alias said:

Just incase anyone finds this who has the same issue. It appears to be a dead 'break light switch'. 

Was it actually the switch failed ( therefore NO brake lights would work) or will this warning come up if you had only One lamp that has failed?

paul m.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, 'dead' probably wasn't the best word to use. 'failing break light switch' is probably a better description.

Checking the break lights was the first thing I tested when I made the connection between the error and the breaks. No problems at all. 

While I could get no error codes from the OBD2, my mechanic with better equipment was able to get 2 errors from the logs, one of which was the break light switch.