Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dash Cam Installation Advice

Just had one installed by Lexus Sheffield - very pleased with it, both in terms of quality and price.
It comes as a kit that Lexus/Toyota have put together which includes the following items:
  • Nextbase 380GW (1080p Recording with GPS and WiFi) Link
  • 16GB MicroSD Card
  • NBDVRHK - Hard Wire Kit
  • NBDVR380BAT - Battery Pack (to allow use of Intelligent Parking Mode - camera automatically starts recording if movement detected)
All in, including fitting it was £275 inc VAT.
The kit has the product code GBNGA-LEXDC-AM
Considering the camera on its own without the sd card, hardwire kit or battery is £179 I thought the price was excellent.  The quality of installation is great with no sign of wires at all.
It fits flush with the windscreen so the image quality is really good - the camera doesn't get shaken about.

Great that your local Lexus dealer does this. I asked Lexus Cambridge if they could fit a dash cam and they said a polite no.

I might start phoning round my next closest dealers. It’s worth a few hours out on a day off/working from home. [emoji846]

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Love the line "Bespoke OEM design and not available in retail channels", even though the camera is available at Amazon.

Mine is Nextbase branded as shown in the PDF, but my dealer said their next delivery of units were going to be Toyota branded.  The box the kit came in said "Toyota Kit" on it.

On 9/8/2018 at 4:10 PM, pobrown said:

Just had one installed by Lexus Sheffield - very pleased with it, both in terms of quality and price.

It comes as a kit that Lexus/Toyota have put together which includes the following items:

• Nextbase 380GW (1080p Recording with GPS and WiFi) Link
  • 16GB MicroSD Card
  • NBDVRHK - Hard Wire Kit
  • NBDVR380BAT - Battery Pack (to allow use of Intelligent Parking Mode - camera automatically starts recording if movement detected)

All in, including fitting it was £275 inc VAT.

The kit has the product code GBNGA-LEXDC-AM

Considering the camera on its own without the sd card, hardwire kit or battery is £179 I thought the price was excellent.  The quality of installation is great with no sign of wires at all.

It fits flush with the windscreen so the image quality is really good - the camera doesn't get shaken about.

Do you have any pics of the dash cam installed please.  Rear and back

I’m very impressed by the quality of the videos, plus I think it’s actually a bit of a bargain when you think it’s being fitted by Lexus themselves.

I’ve requested dates from Lexus Cambridge for when they can fit one to my GS450.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Had 380gw unit fitted at Lexus Coventry a few days ago. Don’t like wires mounts etc hanging down from the windscreen so an ideal solution for me.  lnitilly called in to have a look how big the units were; they had a couple in stock so was able to look at the unit and put it on windscreeen to see what it was like. 

Offered to fit it for me there and then, which I agreed too, so an hour later  car returned with dash cam fitted (and car cleaned!) I was on my way. Got some discount as well, as I have a service plan (and LOC membership) as this is a Toyota / Lexus part number.

Mine is fitted in the same position (to the left of drivers mirror) as previous photo, there is a spare mount in the kit as well, and after calling Nextbase they said no problem with spare mounts just ring them and they will send them out. Asked them about parking mode, this done is by detecting any physical movement of the vehicle I was told. Must be sensitive as I had about 6 files recorded whilst parked at work one day on reviewing the videos could not see anything so possibly wind movement setting it off. Can change sensitivity in the App.

All in very pleased so far

• Like 1

I think I will get the nextbase 512gw + rear camera.

As much as I like the mount on the 380gw, there is no possibility to add a rear camera, and i think that is just as important as the front.

I'll have a go at fitting it myself, how hard can it be:tongue_smilie:

30 minutes ago, pobrown said:

“How hard can it be” - famous last words 😀

Another (messy) option would be to have a separate cheap camera at the rear powered from the 12V outlet in the boot. 

Lol, I thought about that option, but don't like the idea of having to deal with two separate sd cards. 

I'll update you guys in about a month or so (whenever the car arrives). 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I’m really struggling pick a power up, I’ve looked for the fuse box in the drivers foot well removed panel but it’s all relays and plugs any help appreciated 

1 hour ago, Doby said:

I’m really struggling pick a power up, I’ve looked for the fuse box in the drivers foot well removed panel but it’s all relays and plugs any help appreciated 

It's on the passenger foot well area in the UK model. Once you remove the covers/trim below the glove box, you'll find it

The night time image of the number plate disappoints but I assume is perfect if your vehicle is stationary.

The US Lexus dashcam is a Fujitsu unit FT0112A & has the best spec BUT has that got an issue @ night.

I will find out.

I understand Toyota /Lexus are releasing a new model in the Spring & @ the point of impact you would assume all of them will read the Number Plate anyway.

Tel