Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear view mirror

if its bonded to the glass it means its glued to the glass,the only other way would be to see if you can remove it from the ball joint if you understand what I mean 

Hi,

If it's any help on my 2007 IS250 (and I can't imagine that there's too many different designs) the mirror and mount detaches by sliding it upwards (towards the top of the screen) off the little metal dovetail block which is bonded to the screen.

i found this out as when I first got my IS the mirror vibrated a bit, when I went to adjust it lower down it popped off the mount (I guess it wasn't clipped fully on when the screen was replaced before I acquired it). When clipped fully down it no longer vibrates.

I've since removed it to fit a dashcam behind the mirror.

If you look from underneath the mirror you should be able to see the open end of the mirror mount and the dovetail part.

Regards,

Andrew

On 1 August 2017 at 0:15 PM, bullhorn said:

Hi all, 

I'm wanting to remove the rear view mirror on my 2004 is200.

I understand its bonded to the glass, do I turn it to the left or right?

Thanks for any help.

It should come off easily by turning the base to the left.

Not yet but i still do. I wanted to remove it before I had a new windscreen fitted last Monday, since getting my is200 back the mirror vibrates-feels loose on the bonded mounting. So will be having a go soon.

A tip. At the top of the arm which holds the mirror there is a removable piece of plastic trim. Prise that off as it catches on the roof lining and you would not be able to turn the arm to the left. I checked yesterday and it works. Good luck.