Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus IS300h Wiper Blades

Hi there new to the forum but been a browser for a while now.  Thought i would let people know just in case like me you were unsure what sizes the wiper blades are on the IS300h.  They are 18 Inch 450 MM passenger side and 24 inch 600 mm drivers side.  I have just replaced mine with Michelin Hybrid Stealth which have the model numbers  MSW12924 drivers MSW12918 passengers for £21.95 on eBay.

I replaced mine recently just before part exchanging the vehicle with the same blades from Costco at just less than £15 the pair, they cleared the screen brilliantly but the drivers side squeaked at the top of the stroke after about 20 cycles. Quite annoying. They are on offer at Costco at the moment for £11.33 a pair and I have bought some for the new RX450h for when I need to replace the existing blades

• Like 1

The oem blades are Denso.  Can be found on euro car parts. Buy them when they have their "sale" on I.e every weekend. 

They are brilliant and actually work out cheaper than getting refills.

• Like 1

Valeo blades from Mr Auto are excellent.   The Michelin stealths look ugly with the clip sitting proud of the arm. I prefer the sleek neat look of the OEM style.

VM146 & VM152.

Ed:winkiss:

I also got my son some of the Michelinblades from Costco for his BMW and they dont squeak :-)

On an is300h the Michelins do not require an adapter as the wiper arm is the hook type thay fits straight in. On the BMW we needed one of the adapters but it was no worse than the OEM ones we removed. For the price I think they are pretty good

i buy the refills from lexus at around £24 for the pair as i like the style of the oem blades

with them being of a low profile style.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 200h said:

i buy the refills from lexus at around £24 for the pair as i like the style of the oem blades

with them being of a low profile style.

The whole blades themselves made by Denso are cheaper than that from Euro car parts when their sales are on.

On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 4:33 PM, PaulWhitt20 said:

I got some Bosch aerotwin from Halfords (because they had a good review in autoexpress) but they are a bit smeary. Would not particularly recommend them.

I replaced the original Denso with Bosch Aerotwins on my RX a few weeks ago and I am very disappointed. They are both smeary and noisy. Grrr.

• 6 months later...
On 8/2/2017 at 10:41 AM, rayaans said:

The oem blades are Denso.  Can be found on euro car parts. Buy them when they have their "sale" on I.e every weekend. 

They are brilliant and actually work out cheaper than getting refills.

Thanks for the info just ordered, been meaning to change mine for the last 12 months, finally remembered out of necessity....!

• 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/15/2017 at 2:34 PM, DanD said:

I replaced the original Denso with Bosch Aerotwins on my RX a few weeks ago and I am very disappointed. They are both smeary and noisy. Grrr.

Sorry to be a bit ignorant, but how do you know when you need to replace them? I used to replace the blades every 18 months on my old car, but I had my Lexus for the past 3 years without changing them, and I don't see any problems with them. The only thing is that the passenger side squeaks a bit, but reading the reviews it seems like so as some of the new premium models.  

25 minutes ago, Amir_hmn2002 said:

Sorry to be a bit ignorant, but how do you know when you need to replace them? I used to replace the blades every 18 months on my old car, but I had my Lexus for the past 3 years without changing them, and I don't see any problems with them. The only thing is that the passenger side squeaks a bit, but reading the reviews it seems like so as some of the new premium models.  

I've only ever changed them when they no longer clear the screen properly.

59 minutes ago, Amir_hmn2002 said:

…how do you know when you need to replace them?….

Clean the windscreen thoroughly,  then clean the blades with a damp cloth or piece of paper.  Allow them to dry for a minute or so, then activate.  If either of them streaks, repeat the foregoing after checking for grit or specks of dirt or damage.  If it looks clean and undamaged but still streaks, then change it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Caspa said:

I've only ever changed them when they no longer clear the screen properly.

Same here + when they make too much noise which my current set do, they are not the Denso ones, ive not swapped them over yet.

• 8 months later...