Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help please - Premium SatNav ID=195

Lexus still has not been able to locate my logbook so I was given another number today with which to verify my vehicle. 

From the MyLexus point of view, this appears to have worked. The car is deemed verified; it says it is connected to the multimedia; and I can send journeys to the car. 

Unfortunately once I get to the car it's another matter. Any attempt by any means of typing in my Lexus ID and password is met by a could not connect message, "ID=195". 

This has come up before on these forums but I reckon I am doing everything advised. Any further thoughts?

• Like 1

What number did you need from the logbook?

Regarding the could not connect, check and double check you are entering the (correct) password correctly. Capitals, spaces, full stops etc..

Is your phone successfully connecting to the car and the internet?

Thanks for those. 

For the new MyLexus you need the first half of a long number on the logbook (typically "ABC123D" of similar) in order to verify the vehicle. I was given an alternative, shorter number which appears to have been accepted (my profile is now 100% rather than 87%).

My password is definitely all letters and lower case - I am entering it exactly that way. Is that correct?

The phone is definitely connected to the car (Bluetooth is fine and names do transfer, etc). Whether it's connected to the Internet is debatable - it seems to be; I've tried both with WiFi turned on and off (and indeed I can play music over YouTube). 

I can't help but think this is an issue. That stays "connecting". 

If I go via Bluetooth rather than Telephone, it then says "Unable to connect all device profiles". 

I do *not* get the usual blue band across the top of the phone to indicate it is connected (whereas I do when I connect my iPad to it). 

IMG_0830.JPG

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes I was, but I'm damned if I can remember how!

Basically the key was to have personal hotspot turned on on my phone. That's apple for you. Apparently this doesn't matter if you connect by Bluetooth (but I couldn't do that) so I connect by WiFi.

Only issue now is I'm not getting text message read-out, but that's no biggie.

• 6 months later...
On 8/2/2017 at 7:26 PM, Ian J. Parsley said:

so I was given another number today with which to verify my vehicle

Who gave you the number?

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2019 at 9:40 PM, JulesO said:

Who gave you the number?

It's a while ago now, but if I remember correctly I was given it by the Connected Services (now "MyLexus") website when I (re-)registered.

• 6 months later...

Did you solve this?

I did actually get the connection to work initially but it suddenly stopped working and I simply cannot connect it anymore. Username and password are FOR SURE correct but I still keep on receiving the error ID 195. I have contacted my dealer AND SURPRISE they haven't hear about that code. Why I am not surprised...

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

This is really something... Everything worked like a charm (it suddenly started working after sometime I previously struggled with this) for awhile but now I keep on received a message about the failure of automatic download on sometimes I'll see an error of ID=00.

Fu*k this lol