Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1 hour ago, Odysseus said:

Looks great, you've done a good job there.  What's the black paint spray above the radiator where the bonnet latch is located all about?  

+1 on that, does not look very Lexus like to me. And yes a 'before' pic would be interesting.

Sorry I didn't get a before pic as it was in a bad way so had already attempted a basic clean. 

The black above the rad must have been an attempt at reducing the corrosion, I will redo it at some point to blend in. 

I cleaned it as per a lot of engine detailing videos on YouTube, then used meguires hyper dressing which is amazing stuff, you can use it inside as well , even on leather  with the right dilution  

• Like 1

I wouldn't fret about the paint on the slam panel as it's covered by the beautification plastic, so isn't visible.

Good to have some rust protection on there and shows someone was taking care of the car.

• Like 1

I got under the bonnet of mine yesterday, mostly out of curiosity to see the extent of the cleaning job I have to look forward to at some point.

I have the spray marks too. :)

741605eb0ea63e76e97ff993a75f724c.jpg

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ditto on the black over spray on the slam panel, same here, so I take back the comment about it not being very Lexus like!!!

paul m.