Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member - About to buy GS450 SE-L

Frazzybell

On ‎05‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 7:19 AM, royoftherovers said:

Have a safe journey Fraser.

Where in Lanarkshire are you as I`m off to Fife next week?

Looking forward to your report .

Regards

John

John,

I'm in Glasgow (North) just didn't have option for that from what I can remember.

Fife, oofft that is a fair journey for yourself also

When this week are you heading up ?

32 minutes ago, Frazzybell said:

I knew i had seen the plate before

It was KentIS300 in 2015

Well found Fraser, it's good to see a car stay in the LOC.

I guess you're trawling back through the old threads now...let us know what you uncover.

8 hours ago, Frazzybell said:

John,

I'm in Glasgow (North) just didn't have option for that from what I can remember.

Fife, oofft that is a fair journey for yourself also

When this week are you heading up ?

Tomorrow (Tuesday) morning, Fraser.

M6, A702 through Biggar, Forth Road Bridge, Leuchars. 

All on a full tank, giving a range of 470 miles.Will top up at Tesco in Cupar for return journey.

Regards

John
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Farqui said:

Well found Fraser, it's good to see a car stay in the LOC.

I guess you're trawling back through the old threads now...let us know what you uncover.

I see that Richard / @hybridbatterysolutions has worked on your Battery and its good to see that you're still getting good mpg.

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Tomorrow (Tuesday) morning, Fraser.

M6, A702 through Biggar, Forth Road Bridge, Leuchars. 

All on a full tank, giving a range of 470 miles.Will top up at Tesco in Cupar for return journey.

Regards

John

you come up to Scotland much John? could have minimeet in future?

im actually walking over new Queensferry crossing in September

470 a tank ooft that seems really good, or am i missing something

2 hours ago, Farqui said:

I see that Richard / @hybridbatterysolutions has worked on your battery and its good to see that you're still getting good mpg.

From what i can gather previous owner/fellow loc  member had exhaust welded and thought may have had something to do wotj it (Battery fault) sent him  a message so hopefully get some feedback

• Like 1

Hopefully you have a bit better luck than me

so far someone's scraped it and driven off in the first 48 hours and someone else keyed it in the first week (parked in different places)!!!

keying should polish out at least :wacko:

On 05/08/2017 at 9:47 PM, Frazzybell said:

cheers mate

😀

proof of my 46 . 2 mpg average

DSC_1828.JPG

I'm very envious. I assume this was on the flatter and slower part of your journey. Economy goes up on mine if I can get it into its higher gearing above about 55mph and then starts to drop again above about 75mph.

How long does these wonderful figures hold up after hybrid Battery solutions have worked their magic?

John

11 minutes ago, Farqui said:

@lockeyboy, crumbs that's an unlucky start pal emoji852.png

Still doesn't stop me smiling when I'm driving it though!

Bought some tape to start polishing shortly. Onwards and upwards.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, OldTrout said:

I'm very envious. I assume this was on the flatter and slower part of your journey. Economy goes up on mine if I can get it into its higher gearing above about 55mph and then starts to drop again above about 75mph.

How long does these wonderful figures hold up after hybrid battery solutions have worked their magic?

John

That was Friday night, from Gatwick airport. M25-M40 going North  had cruise on at 60mph to see what it would do. i wad blown away at such high figure  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lockeyboy said:

Still doesn't stop me smiling when I'm driving it though!

Bought some tape to start polishing shortly. Onwards and upwards.

dont know what forum rules are on swearing bvut i can feel your pain. had bad experience in past. kweep chin  up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frazzybell said:

you come up to Scotland much John? could have minimeet in future?

im actually walking over new Queensferry crossing in September

470 a tank ooft that seems really good, or am i missing something

Yes, a mini meet would be a good idea Fraser.I will let you know if I ever travel alone.

Your 46.2 mpg is impressive,but in my experience that will be approx 8% high, so 42.8 is likely to be the real world figure.Slightly lower but still mightily impressive for a 6 cylinder 3.5 litre car capable of 155mph and 0-60 in less than 6 seconds !!

I try to obtain 500 miles to the tank,but have only achieved 499 (twice) by adding miles covered to the miles left in the tank according to the on board computer.

Emjoy your walk.I shall look tomorrow to see if the new bridge is nearly finished.

Regards

John

• Like 2

On 8/7/2017 at 9:36 PM, royoftherovers said:

Yes, a mini meet would be a good idea Fraser.I will let you know if I ever travel alone.

Your 46.2 mpg is impressive,but in my experience that will be approx 8% high, so 42.8 is likely to be the real world figure.Slightly lower but still mightily impressive for a 6 cylinder 3.5 litre car capable of 155mph and 0-60 in less than 6 seconds !!

I try to obtain 500 miles to the tank,but have only achieved 499 (twice) by adding miles covered to the miles left in the tank according to the on board computer.

Emjoy your walk.I shall look tomorrow to see if the new bridge is nearly finished.

Regards

John

500 Miles to a tank would be amazing for myself, just this morning i noticed the Battery going into the "green" by one bar on two occasions so must be driving efficiently or doing something right.

What is the general consensus on when to fill up ? (10 miles to go, 30 etc etc), previously (accord type s) I usually put a full tank in every 2 weeks though from what i have read you can't let level run to low ?

Bridge is finished and opening end of this month, will then shut again so upto 250k have chance to walk over, before it becomes a motorway. Hopefully get some cracking pictures of the firth of forth.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/08/2017 at 9:11 PM, Frazzybell said:

That was Friday night, from Gatwick airport. M25-M40 going North  had cruise on at 60mph to see what it would do. i wad blown away at such high figure  

I tried this afternoon on the M40 from Oxford J8 to Warwick. Set zero at metro station about a mile from J8, set CC to 65. (This is 60MPH according to my OBD reader.) Motorway very busy so sometimes the radar brought me down to 50 or below though not for long. MPG gradually climbed from <30 before joining motorway to 46 just before I turned off.

By time I returned home which included 10+ miles non-motorway A road and unclassified back roads and traffic it was showing 42.3. It's hills, >75 mph, cold engine and faffing about in town that drops the MPG. I wonder what the Mk 4 engine would have done under the same conditions?

John

2 minutes ago, OldTrout said:

I tried this afternoon on the M40 from Oxford J8 to Warwick. Set zero at metro station about a mile from J8, set CC to 65. (This is 60MPH according to my OBD reader.) Motorway very busy so sometimes the radar brought me down to 50 or below though not for long. MPG gradually climbed from <30 before joining motorway to 46 just before I turned off.

By time I returned home which included 10+ miles non-motorway A road and unclassified back roads and traffic it was showing 42.3. It's hills, >75 mph, cold engine and faffing about in town that drops the MPG. I wonder what the Mk 4 engine would have done under the same conditions?

John

42.3 divided by 108 = 39 mpg.

Last week I drove to St Andrews, then Dundee and back to Wirral and achieved 38mpg, brim to brim.Very similar.

Regards

John

AAaahhh my old car!!! :) :)

Sorry I was away on my 3 week european drive holiday ... (don't ask!) could not have been more disasterous! lol

As many of you might have gathered over the years I do not change my cars because there is a major problem ... lol but I do miles in them (many in a short period) and then sell them to a new good home.

In other words I enjoy them haha.

You got an excellent car there, yeah the exhaust had fallen off (middle part seperated from back box) so I had it repaired off the car, repaired the pipe etc.

The previous owner to me, had repaired the back box, and I assumed they might have done the repair on the car as soon later the Battery came with the fault I bought the car with.

I was pleased I bought the car with the Battery fault as then I had full control of the repairs (thanks to Richard - Hybridsolutions) and I had peace of mind and trust to the car moving forward.

I know the reason I sold the car and it was for a change, I fancied a V8, yes I know already had the LS460 lol but then my heart was set on the CLS500 which I bought.

Apparently the owner after me and the one you bought the car from I assume, was complaining to me about poor fuel economy lol :) I assume to much fun with the right pedal.

On another note, I had my Mercedes CLS500 brought to me by the Hotel concierge so I can load the car and continue to come back to UK last night ... and only to be greeted with this!!!

CLS500 vs Italian Wall .... lol 0-1

IMG_20170818_090835.jpg

IMG_20170818_092435.jpg

IMG_20170818_092439.jpg

IMG_20170818_092453.jpg

• Like 1

It's great to know that the car is back in the LOC fold. Doubly good that the former owner is still active here too :thumbup1:

Jeeze, that consierge did some damage didn't he! I hope the hotel are covering the cost of the repairs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/08/2017 at 6:49 PM, OldTrout said:

John

More experiments: With a warm engine, I hit reset as I went down slip road onto eastbound M4 at J18 with cruise set to 65 (i.e. 60 mph). There was little traffic so held that speed. There are also no hills of note until Swindon. Consumption hovered between 52 and 56 for many miles. I left the M4 at J134 and went up A34 to Oxford. This does have some hills and there was more traffic so some slowing and speeding up. Still over 45mpg when I arrived home in Oxford. Repeated the journey next day a bit faster (cruise on 80) and added the A road bit onto Kemble for IS Fs and again recorded 46. Traffic again was light so not much slowing down and speeding up.

So to the list of things that drop the mpg I would add accelerating before hills.

John