Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS400 misfire and OBD reader problem

tim hunter

Hello

my lovely 99 LS400 has developed a really bad misfire - it came on over a thousand miles or so and now feels like its running on 7 (or less!) cylinders.

I suspect a coil pack, and plugged in my OBD reader to look for codes. This is a blue tooth reader that connects to a phone, and has worked fine on this care in the past. Now the phone can see the reader, but cannot the Torque app on the phone will not connect and read the ECU. Most frustrating. I tried 3 other code readers ( including a Snap-On pro device) and none will read the ECU.

Anyone every had a similar effect?

Tim

There have been issues in the past with code reads on Lexus vehicles, I know some will connect and pretty sure another member will have the information as to which ones.

When was the last time the plugs were changed?

Thanks for the reply. It is odd that this reader has worked okay in this car previously - and still works fine in other cars.

The plugs are only a couple of years old - and on the couple of occasions I have inspected them over the years I have always found one or two to be pretty loose. I will probably have to diagnose the old fashioned way by pulling all the plugs and having a good look..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links