Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

No Sound from the system at all from IS 300H

Hi All,

I'm really looking for some help- I have an IS300H F sport 2014 and last Friday I got into the car switched on the radio and no sound, I tried a USB and no sound, I tried the Sat Nav and no sound, I connected my mobile via Bluetooth and no sound. When I turn the volume up nothing shows on the screen and when I use the buttons on the steering wheel still nothing.

The car only just ran out of warrant a few months ago and Lexus refuse to look at the issue without me paying £180 + VAT per hour to diagnose the issue.

I have checked the fuses and they are fine, Lexus checked the cables on the system and they are fine.

Can anyone advise what the issue can be and how it can be resolved?

Any help and advice is much appreciated.

Thank you! 

Having you tried disconnecting the Battery for 10 minutes or so? I suspect since a "system" reset did nothing this probably won't help, but anything is worth a try.

Do you have the ML Premium system? If so is the small red LED illuminated? It's on the panel right at the bottom of the dash near where the micro SD card goes.

Hope this helps......

Snap... How can I be sure? If that's the case do I need to replace it with one from a f sport and sat nav multimedia or can I get a one from any is300h?

• 4 weeks later...

I went throgh hell with this! same thing, I had to pay lexus to find the problem I had even changed the headunit myself and it made no difference. Turned out to be the ML  amplifer... very expensive to replace! I had no idea I had the ML sound system untill I went to replace the amplifer (it was running very hot). long story short, the lads at lexus opened it and sprayed contact spray on it, closed it back up and its been working ever since... touch wood!!! I can see this happening to a lot more cars as they get older.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/31/2017 at 2:36 PM, CPD said:

I went throgh hell with this! same thing, I had to pay lexus to find the problem I had even changed the headunit myself and it made no difference. Turned out to be the ML  amplifer... very expensive to replace! I had no idea I had the ML sound system untill I went to replace the amplifer (it was running very hot). long story short, the lads at lexus opened it and sprayed contact spray on it, closed it back up and its been working ever since... touch wood!!! I can see this happening to a lot more cars as they get older.

whats contact spray?.............have the same issue

1 hour ago, ray doyle said:

whats contact spray?.............have the same issue

Oh god!... I feel your pain! It helps make a better electrical connection (I think)

whats happening to yours?

1 hour ago, 200h said:

here is a link for a mark levinson audio repair centre in Edinburgh

http://svtservices.co.uk/lexus-mark-levinson-power-amp-repair-service/

Thanks mate.. that’s good to know just in case it ever happens again! Hopefully it won’t 🤞

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the same issue no sound, however I am unable to locate the amplifier my lexus is Sept 2014 is300h premier model therefore if someone could let me know where the amplifier is I would be very grateful

On 6/22/2021 at 12:56 PM, Bevreard said:

I have the same issue no sound, however I am unable to locate the amplifier my lexus is Sept 2014 is300h premier model therefore if someone could let me know where the amplifier is I would be very grateful

Its in the boot, (right hand side) and underneath the panels.

Got amplifier out the model number is 86280-OW690  SVT do not repair this model but Cartronic do however repair price £980+VAT!!  Phoned lexus car buy a new one for £975 including VAT.  No brainer

Hope this helps someone in the same position as me

• 1 year later...

hello, my brother took over my 2013 is300h.
He's had the ML amplifier replaced twice, but the problem remains as an intermittent one.

Turning off the ignition seems to provide a temporary fix, although this did not work for several consecutive days during one episode.
On questioning, he admitted to not turning off the unit before turning off the ignition, and will see if this mitigates.

Could anyone comment if this could be eg a capacitor someone within the power supply circuit?

ie rather than being an amplifier problem?
Thanks
exLexus City driver

On 6/27/2021 at 1:12 PM, Bevreard said:

Got amplifier out the model number is 86280-OW690  SVT do not repair this model but Cartronic do however repair price £980+VAT!!  Phoned lexus car buy a new one for £975 including VAT.  No brainer

Hope this helps someone in the same position as me

Wow I can't understand what you write 😵

1 hour ago, lexusinthecity said:

hello, my brother took over my 2013 is300h.
He's had the ML amplifier replaced twice, but the problem remains as an intermittent one.

Turning off the ignition seems to provide a temporary fix, although this did not work for several consecutive days during one episode.
On questioning, he admitted to not turning off the unit before turning off the ignition, and will see if this mitigates.

Could anyone comment if this could be eg a capacitor someone within the power supply circuit?

ie rather than being an amplifier problem?
Thanks
exLexus City driver

What do you mean with the ignition thing? I only turn the car on and off using the button next to the steering wheel. Do I need to do anything else?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links