Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Auto-lock on exiting RX400h not working

Am I going mad?  I have a RX400h 2009 model and I'm sure I used to be able to exit the car and it would lock automatically after about 10 seconds, if I had forgotten to lock it, .  Am I dreaming this?    

The 'auto-lock if doors not opened' function IS working (i.e. you unlock the car using the remote and if you don't open the doors then the car with auto-lock in about 15 seconds). 

Can someone tell me if the car will auto-lock after exiting it?  If so, is this something I can re-program myself?

You've been dreaming it. Historically Lexus don't auto lock after the car has been used. It only locks if the car is unlocked and doors not opened after a while

I would think this sort of thing would be very dangerous / annoying. turn off car, pop filler cap, jump out, start filling car, ker-lunk, damn left my keys inside... certainly something that would make me think twice about buying one if it wasn't defeatable.

4 hours ago, steveledzep said:

The car won't allow you to lock the car with the keys inside.  Tried to lock mine with the little door sensor and it wouldn't have it because my wife's set of keys were inside.

Unfortunately that doesn't apply to the 400h as it doesn't have keyless entry.

• Like 1