Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New IS 300 owner saying hello!

rich1068

It rapidly got very tiresome. I think I was throwing myself into the early 2000s a little too much. My 4yo liked it though.

I'll have to find a suitable way of getting Spotify in the car.

It rapidly got very tiresome. I think I was throwing myself into the early 2000s a little too much. My 4yo liked it though.

I'll have to find a suitable way of getting Spotify in the car.

I had xcarlink in an is200. Worked well with an Iphone.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

And this is why we can't have nice things.

j3CFOU2l.jpg

5gCH54Fl.jpg

Nearly made two months before some arse goes down my car with a shopping trolley or whatever. It's white because it's taken the paint off. There's also a small dent in the door to the right just above the rubbing strip. 

• Sad 2

always miss mine when i see a clean example like this... these models age very well. fun cars to drive but saying that,  i do find these Accords more fun and  predictable than the IS...Enjoy

Coloured in with a black Sharpie :biggrin: and I've picked up a touch up kit too.

But pleasantly surprised to find out that though the rub strips themselves are a bit pricey (70 quid-ish) should I want to replace they're self adhesive and come already painted/coloured. Nice one Lexus.

• 1 year later...

A little update on this particular IS.

As I've mentioned before it is a keeper but unfortunately isn't a fit for me right now so my dad drives it. He's 81 and does catch the odd curb or put a little scuff on the corner but nothing that couldn't be sorted quickly and (fairly) cheaply if circumstances changed. Most importantly he does very few miles and it's garaged every night.

Fast forward to the week just gone and the parents were due to join us in Devon for a week but I could tell the drive was making my dad a little nervous so my wife drove the S-Max and I drove the IS 300. A quick look at the tyre pressures, check the oil and off we went. While we were on the way down the car turned 63k and all in all it was a 600 mile round trip. 17 years old, the cruise control set at an indicated 80mph and the car never missed a beat. Not a single cough or hiccup. 

One of the most underrated and/or overlooked cars I have ever had the pleasure to own.

lCpPVAQh.jpg

• Like 3

20 hours ago, rich1068 said:

If I ever sell it Glyn then you're the first person I'd call.

Cheers fella, seems like an unlikely prospect while it is serving you so well!

I might just keep £1k on one side though, just in case... 😜

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, rich1068 said:

Another little update.

65156 miles, 17th scheduled service and an MOT yesterday. £223 at Lexus Sheffield. Still running like a Seiko :thumbsup:

Just getting run in then? 😁

Have you been able to look underneath on the lift? I wonder how the body holding up to the old tin worm. With the sill extensions, the favourite spot for rot is a bit concealed...

Ha! No, I've had lease cars longer but as you're probably aware I do get bored easily! That's what started me on the whole Volvo/Lexus/Saab thing.Cheaper cars that have depreciated about as much as they're going to and I can sell on easily for roughly what I paid. The Lexus is an unexpected exception and a keeper. It also solved the problem of my dad being without a car. He does very few miles and knows I keep an eye on him!

Actually, I can't believe it's only two years since I started this thread.